1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

what wireless adapter are you using?

Discussion in 'PS3 - Modding & Hacking' started by 68b_body, Jan 24, 2007.

1. 68b_body

68b_body Guest

i want to use my ps3 wireless and connect it to my exisiting router without getting a wireless router. i got my motorolla cable modem connected to my linksys router

2. Jlhfit

Jlhfit Regular member

Is your router a wireless router??? If not then you need a wirless Router 1st or connect an ethernet cable from the router to the PS3.....

3. keeprolin

keeprolin Member

Linksys-Wireless Gaming adapter - G
    I don't have a ps3 but I use it for my Ps2. Essentially, it's just wireless bridge. You can use either or from linksys. If you have a Linksys - G router, I would suggest you get the model that is make for G routers :) Hope this helps

Last edited: Jan 25, 2007
  4. St3ck

St3ck Member

5. 68b_body

68b_body Guest

so you could use that for a wired router system. the ps3 instructions shows how to connect everything and calls the wireless device an acsess point. the instructions is exactly how i got all my stuff hooked up.
    [​IMG]
    so wold this be the acsess point?
    [​IMG]

6. St3ck

St3ck Member

you MUST have a wireless router to connect wirelessly. If you dont have the router the access point does you no good.

7. keeprolin

keeprolin Member

Access point is a router, so no that would not be an access point that would be a wireless bridge. That picture is correct but makes it more confusing then it really is. Connect your modem to your router and Ps2/3 to your bridge. finished :)

Does this come standard in the 60GB? like i can connect to my router w/o my wireless bridge

Last edited: Jan 26, 2007