1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What would you do?

Discussion in 'PS2 - Hardware boot discussion' started by babbel, Dec 18, 2004.

1. babbel

babbel Member

I've been after a old style PS2 for about a month now that I can get modded to play backups etc, but with the release of the slimline model it is hard to get and old 1 or a new 1.

The other day though I managed to get a slimline model, here's the dilemma though do I keep the slimline model (use SMD 3.3 or get modded) or take it back for a refund and wait for an old style machine?

2. WEStar

WEStar Active member

there's mods that support slimline ps2s but, if you wanna get into using a hdd then get an old one.

3. punx777

punx777 Regular member

i would definitly get it modded.

and for the hdd, if its for like, copying games to the hd using hdloader.. theres software called USB LOADER, im not sure if its out yet, or if its coming out soon, but it will allow you to use usb hdds to copy games to it.

those new ps2s look awsome.... i saw an ad in a mag and it shows the ps2 from the front, (being actual size) and was pry no more then 1.5 cm thick, and it didnt even take up the whole page, height wise.

i want one:(