1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What your take on Halo 3 (and my short, harsh review)? *MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS*

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by Zombie_X2, Sep 29, 2007.

1. Zombie_X2

Zombie_X2 Regular member

This topic is about your thoughts on Halo 3 (more of a review), and mine as well. I will discus what I thought Halo 3 did good and what it needed improvement on, and also some things that just would have been better for the game.

NOTICE TO FLAMERS:
    Before I start with my thoughts/review, I must first state that what I will say is only my thoughts of the game. In no way am I trying to put down Bungie or Microsoft, or the Halo games in any way. I'm not saying anything is wrong with Halo at all. I want you to know this before anyone starts shooting their heads off at me/flaming for possibly being disappointed with Halo 3.

MY REVIEW/THOUGHTS:

01. Introduction:
    I'll start by saying that Halo 3, to me, is the same as Halo 2, except with nice and shiny graphics. Halo 3 essentially is Halo 2 just with Minor tweaks and improvements. Combat remains the same even though there are new weapons/equipment to use, but it doesn't really add much to the experience in my opinion.

02. Story:
    Halo 3s story is good, but nowhere near great. If you haven't played any of the previous Halo games, then the story will confuse you to the point of "WTF is going on?". They should have put in a video maybe recapping the previous events of the past 2 games, but really, only fans will understand the story. All new Players will be left in the dust. The story picks up almost right after Halo 2s cliffhanger of an ending. You play Master Chief, a genetically enhanced soldier made for combat. The story opens as Master Chief plummets to Earth after being transported on a Covenant Ship. It is your duty to save Earth and the Entire galaxy from being destroyed. The Arbiter returns to this game but you don't even know what he is doing and you don't even play as him. He could have been left out he doesn't really impact anything in the game. He just pops in to help you fight enemies and you see him in cut scenes, but he really isn't needed, nor do you know why he is there. Cortana also returns but she isn't needed as well. I would have liked to see Gravemind again but you never do(except for tentacles).

03. Gameplay - General thoughts:
    You have to combat many foes ranging from Grunts to Brutes, all have their own signature attacks and movements, but ultimately they all aren't that hard. This game play just like Halo 2 and at times it look all too similar to it. For that past 2 games all we have done is fight the same enemies and it's getting really boring doing that again in this game. Sure you get new weapons like the Halo 1 Assault Rifle but it's just as powerful as the Battle Rifle, it just fires faster. The new grenades aren't necessary either as they are almost like the Plasma grenades. The equipment is a nice touch but most of it is just like a sheild. You're better off using the environment.

04. Gameplay - How it Plays:
    Halo is Halo after all, and gameplay is still as satisfying as ever. Even though fighting the same enemies over and over may get repetitive, it sure doesn't take the fun out of gilling something with the back of you gun with a melee attack. The combat is fast their is no lag in game at all. Enemies react really good and take cover when needed.

Same goes for multiplayer. I love to own newbies on Live and I hate listening to whiny teenagers on there. Online combat is even faster and more satisfying than single player in every way. There is a good selection of maps, though I would have liked to see older maps from the previous games in there. Overall Game play is very solid.

05. Closing thoughts:
    Halo 3 is a good shooter with a kinda "WTH IS GOING ON" story. If it wasn't for the great gameplay, I think this game wouldn't be as big as it is. I would buy it alone for multiplayer. If you have XBOX LIVE and want to play a good online FPS game, get Halo 3, otherwise don't bother.

SCORE: 8/10

Now that that is done, what do you guys think about the game?

Last edited: Sep 29, 2007
  2. bremner

bremner Member

I've never played the previous 2 halo games because I've always had Playstations. Personally I don't see what the fuss is about the single player game is repetitive shooting all the time and the multi-player is just a load of people jumping around firing heat seaking missles!

IMHO if you want an imersive single player FPS buy Bioshock, it's got a storyline which keeps you interested and is'nt just shoot this alien shoot that alien. If you want a online multi-player FPS get the COD4 beta demo and play that until the official release, theres no jumping around like dicks which is totally unrealistic, you don't see footage from iraq with our lads hopping around like idiots jumping off buildings etc.

This is just my opinion don't start flaming me calling me a tard.

3. Zombie_X2

Zombie_X2 Regular member

I respect your opinion on Halo as I would agree with it. Halo is good, but is quite repetitive. I haven't tried BioShock yet but I'm going to pick it up soon. I would agree about Halos multi-player being a jump/frag fest. I want more engaging and deep multi-player rather than playing whack-a-mole with 16 people.

4. paul91

paul91 Regular member

i havn't played previous versions of halo either so i'm interested to play this version. it seems as though halo 3 couldn't live up to the hype, but i'll wait to give my opinion until i play the game.

and btw, i have bioshock and imo its total shite

cant wait for COD4

Last edited: Sep 29, 2007
  5. BIGnewb

BIGnewb Guest

cod4 pwnz halo 3.but halo 3 is still a good game.GRAPHICS ON MULTIPLAYER ARE SPECTACULAR!and this is a sony fanboy talking here so that makes this comment legit.