1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

whats a goog place to get a ps2 chip soldered?

Discussion in 'PS2' started by Scarface, Jan 21, 2003.

1. Scarface

Scarface Member

Can people who have gotten their chips soldered by someone with experience tell me what type of ppl soldered it for them? Do I go to a computer shop, electronics store, etc???? Or is it really that hard to solder it ur self? Cuz the premodded ps2's cost at least 100 buks more that if u were to mod them urself. So plz help.

2. MrFixit

MrFixit Member

electronic stores, hardware stores, electronic repair shops, any engineers you know.

If you've never soldered, I would strongly recommend not to try to do it yourself.

My friend got his modded in NYC in a small electronic store in China town. (I think for 20 bucks)

3. bluebus

bluebus Regular member

20 bucks??? Must have been a 1 wire usb mod.

4. Scarface

Scarface Member

do they ever complain about modchips being illegal and stuff? You know what i mean.

5. Wizkid

Wizkid Active member

6. BENCH`

BENCH` Member

if you have modchip 3.1 (no clip) ps2 v.7 and have the wires. pm me ill do it for you for 20$, just pay for the shipping. ill give you my address and phone number in case you need assurance. i live in canada. peace. just trying to help out.