1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Whats a .Nrg file?

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by igloo9, Jun 20, 2007.

1. igloo9

igloo9 Member

Hey, this game image i have is a .Nrg file. Is that ok to burn to a disk? Or do I need to like, make it an .Iso or something?

2. PDOWNZ

PDOWNZ Regular member

.NRG file is a NERO IMAGE FILE so if you have NERO BURNING ROM just go ahead and click burn image to disc then select your ganme image that ends with .nrg and click Burn and enjoy the game

3. PeaInAPod

PeaInAPod Active member

A .nrg file is the equivalent of a .iso file the only noticable difference being that (as far as I know)only Nero can burn .nrg files. If you don't have Nero there are a few ways to convert the .nrg to a .iso. If you need to know these methods post back.

4. igloo9

igloo9 Member

yeah, if you don't mind id like to know how to make .nrg file into an .iso because i tried burning the nrg with nero and it said the file is too big and i need to make it a PDF instead of ISO, so i did PDF and it said the same thing

so yeah how do i make it an iso?

5. PeaInAPod

PeaInAPod Active member

To begin with since it is the simplest option I thought I would refer you to this simple program called NRG-to-ISO. And as the name implies it converts nrg files to iso files. Heres a quote from the site along with a download link to the file...

Download NRG-to-ISO
    To use unzip and place all included files in a folder and run the nrg2iso executable.

6. hursty

hursty Active member

You dont need to convert anything
    dvd decrypter burns these type of file just fine,or if you havent got that,imageburn works also just as good

7. PeaInAPod

PeaInAPod Active member

Thanks for the info Hursty, I never knew they buried .nrg images. Good to know :)