1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

whats a pandore battery do?

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Homebrew software' started by smileydud, Jan 14, 2008.

1. smileydud

smileydud Member

i searched it on google found no definition other than it fixes bricked psp's but then y does everyone have it just a staight forward definition will answer my question.

also what does a magic memory stick do alot have that too?

2. krzygreek

krzygreek Member

You're right. The main thing it does is unbricks psp's. It also can upgrade and downgrade psp fw and cfw. Why people have it? Well, probably in case of emergency and just to say they have it.

3. brobinson

brobinson Member

The pandora battery and the magic memory stick is the only way to put custom fw on a psp slim at the moment. However, after both are made they can easly put custom fw on a slim or a fat psp. It also can me used to unbrick a psp however, I have never done this.

4. strygwyrm

strygwyrm Regular member

as stated above the Pandora can unbrick no matter what (not sure bout deleted nand) and install CFW on any psp no matter what firmware. what it actually does is put your PSP in service mode (which allows u to reflash it via MMS (Magic memory stick). In other words just installing any CFW on any psp.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2008
  5. psphak8o8

psphak8o8 Regular member

what exactly does it do? I mean like why do I have to cut the 5th pin on the FAT battery?

6. cee43ja1

cee43ja1 Regular member

pandora's battery is a service mode battery. it bypasses all flash files on the psp, and boots straight to the memory stick ipl (if found).

the ipl is the menu that is found in all magic memory sticks. if there is no ipl on the memory stick, then all you get is a blank screen with power on.

7. strygwyrm

strygwyrm Regular member

you don't have to cut the pin. Pandora batteries can now be made by changing eproms which programs do for u. This way u can turn it back but the reason u cut the 5th pin is to disrupt the battery drivers that are used and this in turn loads the service mode or recovery menue

Last edited: Jan 24, 2008
  8. psphak8o8

psphak8o8 Regular member

but you need a PSP with hacked firmware to softmod the battery strygwyrm thats why people open up theyre batterys and cut the pin.

9. phrix626

phrix626 Member

Now you don't need a PSP with CFW to make a softmod TOOL battery Check this out!

Although i never tried it

10. psphak8o8

psphak8o8 Regular member

well for people who dont have credit cards or acess to any(me) we can just open it up and hardmod it.