1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Whats A WEP key???

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by joshont, Jan 8, 2007.

1. joshont

joshont Regular member

and how can i get pass that, my neighbors have a 50% connection with their wirless signal, and i want to go online on my psp, is there a way to crack that code or something???

2. fa35jsf

fa35jsf Member

WEP i think stands for Web-Encripted-Protection key or something like that. It normaly contains like 10 diffrent numbers sepperated in diffrent spots by dots. I dont know anyway to crack that. Mabey somebody else can point you to a software that can optain this WEP key. that would be pretty hard to crack since it's whole purpose is to keep unwanted people and hackers out of that network.

3. fa35jsf

fa35jsf Member

Oh by the way. you might be able to find a little more info if you go over to some discussions on wireless laptops and network routers. They all use a WEP key if they are on a secure network. the key is the same for all wireless devices

4. WierdName

WierdName Regular member

You cant "crack" it. It(and WAP) are basically a password used by computers to get access to the router. If you dont have the right key, the router will deny access.

5. PeaInAPod

PeaInAPod Active member

cough***google.com + how to crack wep encryptions***cough