1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Whats best Video capture device or T.V card?

Discussion in 'Video capturing from analog sources' started by NEONADAM, Oct 10, 2004.

1. NEONADAM

NEONADAM Member

Whats the best way to capture using those USB video capture device OR A T.V card with video input?

2. wmiao

wmiao Member

i just baught a Canopus ADVC300, it works amazing! Just two points: first, it use 1394 port, not USB. Second, kinda expensive, I do some research and found it at $460 at ecost.com. The effect is really good even reach my business level. But I need do more to make this guy works better! :)

3. Frankwm

Frankwm Member

4. luker

luker Member

WMIAO, what hardware and software are you using with your Canopus ADVC300?

5. mr2560

mr2560 Member

It always amazes me how much technology is being used to process a simple format that's been around for over 50 years. In theory, the BEST way to capture video is the same as capturing audio, but at higher speeds, conveniently available in excess in modern technology.

The way everyone is doing it now not only gets confused by macrovision type copy protection, but also by old video equipment and computers that don't exactly conform to current standards. So LESS *IS* MORE! Or perhaps,
    old video (pre 1980) is intentionally copy protected
    by modern, "advanced", artificially limited devices!

Wax, celluloid, and rustware have a natural durability far exceeding the ephemeral and seductive "quality" of modern technology. Consider all those DIVX discs that
    were sold before DVD: even with a player, you can not play one today. They are worse than 8-track tapes!