1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Whats better, a psp 1000 or a e1004?

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Games' started by dbratulin, Sep 7, 2013.

1. dbratulin

dbratulin Newbie

I don't know what to get so I'm aksing the "experts".

Last edited: Sep 7, 2013
  2. Eisherz

Eisherz Active member

I'd get an E1000, it's the last model, the PSP 1000 has been out of production since 2007 or so, so you are basically buying six years old hardware.

3. keebles

keebles Regular member

I would avoid getting the E1000. The E1000 has mono sound, no wifi, non-replaceable battery(once its dead, its gone). Sony didn't even try to release the E1000 here in the USA since nobody was buying the PSPGO(no umd and the non replaceable battery was what killed it).
    http://www.geek.com/games/sony-announce-the-psp-e1000-heres-why-you-dont-want-one-1413415/
    http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/918340-playstation-portable/61417869

I would look for a 2000 or a 3000 model since they have seen the most hardware/software upgrades and they have replaceable batteries, and video out. Plus they can easily be hacked to run 6.60 pro off the memory card.

I still have the 1000 model and it is still running strong. I only had to replace the battery 2 times over the life of the unit(once when the original that came with it died, and then a second time when the replacement died years later).

4. dbratulin

dbratulin Newbie

I have two 1000's and a 2000 the 2000's LCD burned out but my 1000's are good but the shells are cracked so Ima buy a 3000

5. megadunderhead

megadunderhead Regular member

good for you!!!

just remember do a system check for the older psp units there was a issue where people used hardware hacks to convert the psp from a u.s to a u.k and even to a japanese model using firmware updates all though this works you can tell the bad firmware by serial number in the psp system information screen it will read u at the end of the serial number for u.s and k for the u.k if they have been tampered with don't buy one that has been modded mod it yourself