1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Whats better uTorrent or Azureus??

Discussion in 'Windows - P2P software' started by wlltigger, Jul 12, 2007.

1. wlltigger

wlltigger Member

Im trying bot and u torrent seems to run better right out the gate but azureus was what i had used for a while/
    what do you ppl think about each??

2. wlltigger

wlltigger Member

So far the utorrent seems to DL faster is thier anything I should use to make is safer to dl???

3. chunkhead

chunkhead Regular member

PeerGuardian 2

4. no1here

no1here Guest

utorrent is faster, period. It does not control your download speeds according UL/DL ratios. But use Peerguardian as mentioned by the other poster. It is very important to protect yourself.

5. BluRay

BluRay Regular member

All BitTorrent clients work the same (in principle) it all depends on how you set it up. If you are looking for faster speeds then I reckon you should read a guide on how to set up your BT Client properly.

About the question "which one is better?" It all depends really, in my opinion, on what exactly you intend to do.

If you are going to upload your own torrents onto websites and trackers, then the ideal client to use will be Azereus as it has far more functions, and with the ability of 'Plug ins' it also has a better 'super seed' function therefor Azereus will be the main choice.

If you are looking for light weight and efficiency, as well as blistering speeds (not that Azereus is slow, I am just adding to the 'momentum') then you should go with uTorrent.
    If you plan on only leeching torrents made by others (then seeding ofcourse ;-) Then uTorrent is for you.

I think that only those that upload their own torrents onto websites on a regular basis use Azereus because of its many functions and practicalities.

safety can easily be achieved via the use of Peergaurdian as the previous posters have so kindly pointed out, but for the 'full montey' you should check out Rav009's Most Excellent Guide to the Galaxy BitTorrent Safety It covers everything for all clients.

Here is the link to Rav009's Guide to BT Safety. Please remember to thank him, in your head.

Thanks Rav for that most excellent guide.

And Thank You Wllltigger for asking questions in your friendly neighbourhood AfterDawn

Last edited: Jul 25, 2007