1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What's Better?

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by chainz, Mar 26, 2005.

1. chainz

chainz Guest

I do my dvd's like this. DVD Decrypter, DVD Shrink and then burn them with nero. I have recently got DVD X Copy Platinum and was wondering if thats better?

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 26, 2005
  2. Mr_Del

Mr_Del Regular member

Get your money back from DVD X Copy. Decrypter and DVD shrink is all you need. Infact you can do it all in DVD decrypter. Nero 6 is nice since you already own it DVD shrink will use it for the burn. There is a DVD shrink forum on this site.

-Del

3. chainz

chainz Guest

I know how to do all the stuff with all the programs just wondering if DVD X Copy was better thats all.

4. Weycraze

Weycraze Regular member

I'll go with Mr_Del on that, I also like CloneDVD2!

As fast as I put X copy on my system, I took it right off

It's simple to use, Yes, but you don't have a lot of options on its output.

5. Mr_Del

Mr_Del Regular member

There are a couple reason I think DVD X Copy is not better:

1-You cant copy a copy from X Copy
    2-That anoying "This is a DVDbackup blah blah blah" At the begining of play
    3-They lost the lawsuit and had to strip down the functions.
    4-$90
    5-Coasters
    6-Takes forever to copy. you could watch the movie 1 1/2 times while waiting for it to finish.
    7-Loves the lock up bug in your computer.

Those FREE ones I mentioned, Just stick with them. Oh yeah you can copy a copy made with those programs.

-Del

6. elizerroj

elizerroj Regular member

I can help myself whenever i see this topic up for discusion, and i think is because of the differnce that i, at times, continue to notice, between dvd shrink and dvdxcopy platinum. so many times my, non-expert in the matter, eyes tell me that when it works, when it works. dvdxcopy platinum's picture quality stability is somewhat BETTER.

two points though; 1)dvd shrink is great and free and 2) dvdxcopy platinum is too much money. see you

7. bilbo65

bilbo65 Regular member

It is hard to claim that an out dated program is "better" than programs that are frequently updated.

8. Mr_Del

Mr_Del Regular member

Yes it is true that Shrink is no longer updated. The creator went elswhere. DVD decrypter is still updated and will work with that new protection that hit this year. You can set up DVD Shrink to use Decrypter for the RIP and Nero for the burn. Even use Decrypter for the burn. I realy cant notice a difference from the original and the copy. The stereo is all there even. The 5.1 as well.

-Del

9. elizerroj

elizerroj Regular member

although i have had nero for a while i only use it together with shrink. one question; since dvd decrypter install the whole movie into your hard drive, can i use nero to compress the movie into a D5.
    so the question really is; does nero compress?

thank you.

10. Mr_Del

Mr_Del Regular member

I have never tried with with Nero and have not even seen an option to do so. If it can then I am not aware of it.

-Del

11. bilbo65

bilbo65 Regular member

This is what I got on a Google search about Nero Recode2:

Nero Recode 2 is a new program for copying and archiving
    non-copy-protected DVD video titles onto 4.7 GB DVD+R/RW, DVD-R/RW or DVD-RAM discs.

If the source DVD is larger than 4.7 GB, Nero Recode 2 can compress the contents so that they fit onto an empty DVD disc without any noticeable loss of quality.

Nero Recode 2 is a program for compiling DVD-Video titles (that are not copy-protected) onto other media (CD and DVD).

If you have DVD-Video titles on different DVDs and would like to compile your favorite titles onto one DVD, you can use Nero Recode 2 to have the desired DVD-Video titles in a new compilation which you can then 'burn'. It does not matter whether you burn the compilation on a DVD or a CD.

Nero Recode 2 is a program you can use to convert DVD-Video titles that are not copy-protected into the Nero Digital Format (MPEG-4) and to burn them onto discs.

Hopes this helps.

12. wild77

wild77 Guest

Nero Recode2 was made by Mr Shrink,he now works for Nero.The program is very similar and even a little quicker.You will need to use DVD Decrypter or AnyDVD as a ripper.