1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What's difference between DVDFab HD Decrypter and DVDFab HD Decrypter Beta

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by mskimmy, Sep 19, 2007.

1. mskimmy

mskimmy Guest

Hi,little help here please.What is the differents from DVDFab Decrypter and DVDFab Decrypter Beta.The Beta is now 3.1.9.2 while the other DVDFab Decrypter is only 3.1.8.0.Is there a differents or should I stay with my 3.1.8.0.I found that the web site cdfreaks.com
    has the newer one unless it is only a trick.Any info on this would be great.

Thanks.
    Kim

2. LOCOENG

LOCOENG Moderator Staff Member

A "Beta" release is an unofficial release that may or may not contain bugs and or fixes for bugs that are in the official release or simply be in the testing phase to see if new fixes are indeed fixing what is broke.

Confused yet? :D

3. mskimmy

mskimmy Guest

Ok thanks for info.I'll stick with my 3.1.8.0.

Kim

4. LOCOENG

LOCOENG Moderator Staff Member

You are very welcome Kim. I wouldn't be afraid of the beta versions of different software as they are usually rather good.

5. mskimmy

mskimmy Guest

I'll stick with what I have.Just wanted to see if there was a differents.Thanks Again.

Kim
    This Thread Can Be Closed

6. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

As per Loco, Beta versions are not something to be afraid of. Not where DVDFab is concerned anyway. If a DVDFab Beta went screwy, it's literally a short and simple process to uninstall and reinstall either the previous version or a newer one. Now if you asked whether it was worth using a Beta version of some monster such as Nero, for instance, i'd give a much different answer...

edit- for anyone else reading this who wants the 3.1.9.0 or 3.1.9.2 Beta's, see here - http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/561780

Last edited: Sep 20, 2007