1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Whats everyones opinion on?

Discussion in 'PS3 - Modding & Hacking' started by Estranged, Jun 15, 2007.

1. Estranged

Estranged Member

Oblivion 4 the elder scrolls. I seen that it had a high rating on ign. I am trying to choose between that and resistance. Which game is better?

2. nodroG479

nodroG479 Member

they are very different but both are extremely awesome

3. jesse286

jesse286 Regular member

I own resistance and it owns, at first i hated it but when i played it again i just couldn't stop. But he is the question that will make up your mind, are you looking for a game for online play? If so i would go for resistance. Now i don't own oblivion but i heard that theres tons of game play. Now i play resistance so much online i haven't even finished the first mission on campaign cause i only play it online, but I'm sure the missions are fun. I would go for resistance if you looking for an online game and most of what you do is online, but if you don't have online you should get oblivion.

4. jacsac

jacsac Regular member

Unless you are going to play Resistance online get Oblivion. Resistance is beatable in one session.

5. Estranged

Estranged Member

Thanks, from looking at the video trailers from ign it seemed like the first person combat looked kind of dull but the rest of the game looked good. Is it somewhat like newer final fantasy on ps2? I was also wondering if I absolutely must have a router to go online. Cant I just run a Ethrenet cable to my PC modem? I also cant wait for madden 08

6. jacsac

jacsac Regular member

You can do that or just pick up a wireless router for $25-$50 and not have to limit what room you use the ps3 in. Then anyone can use the pc at the same time.

7. Estranged

Estranged Member

thanks bud

8. Estranged

Estranged Member

I think ill just buy like 50 ft of Ethrenet Cable and run it upstairs and just unhook the pc when i want to use it. Can you download a Virus on a PS3? Just wondering thanks.

9. glenquag

glenquag Regular member

Yeah if you use a wired connection it is stronger but I use wireless because theres not long cables and my computer is across the hallway so I use a wireless connection. I guess it all depends on how far your computer is like if its in the same room as your PS3 don't waste money buying a router, but if it isn't then just buy one there like 25-50$ I think my was 50 with tax.

10. jesse286

jesse286 Regular member

Yeah you have a long ways to run your Ethernet cable but you will have a stronger connection if it's wired.