1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What's extra pad on wiikey compared to wiinja?

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by slarti78, Aug 19, 2007.

1. slarti78

slarti78 Member

I've just tried to solder the wiikey, and made a complete and utter mess of it. I've destroyed the wiikey, lifting a few pads, and I've also lifted a pad on the wii.

I'm going to try again with a new modchip (and equipment). I've seen the pictures of the wiinja, and I see that it solders onto one less pad on the wii than does the wiikey. Fortunately, its the pad that I lifted.

Can someone tell me what that pad is ? Is it required by the wiikey ?

I know that I can solder the wiinja onto my board, because all those pads are still left, and I've soldered a wiinja before. So I'm tempted to get a wiinja, but they don't seem to have UK resellers at the moment.

Any advice appreciated.

2. NDarkness

NDarkness Regular member

Just use the Wiikey and solder the wire to an alternate point.

3. slarti78

slarti78 Member

After one of the pads on the wiikey came off, I tried soldering a wire direct to the wiikey's processor. I couldn't even manage that with my equipment. I was soldering legs of the processor together, I was completely unable to solder just the bit of wire to one leg of the processor.

I'm not going to fare any better with the smaller opportunities available to me on the wii motherboard, and the consequences of stuffing something up are considerably greater...

I'm going to have to either get someone talented with the right equipment to do it for me, or do it myself with wires apart from that pad.......

4. Mark187

Mark187 Regular member

The Cyclowiz uses the same points as the Wiinja. One less than the wiikey. You should be able to find them easily.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 19, 2007