1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What's going on????

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by Green1975, Dec 7, 2003.

1. Green1975

Green1975 Member

I tried backing up a movie called Stone Aged. when I used power dvd to view the movie, I get a green screen, but I can only hear the movie. I thought it was just Power DVD that wouldn't play the movie, so I went on and back it up using CLONEDVD. After it burned I put the movie in my DVD player same thing (green screen, just can hear the movie. Its an orginal movie. The movie plays fine in my DVD player but not my DVDROM. Its acting like I need a codec but its a store bought DVD movie, doesn't make any kind of scence that I would need a codec.
    Has anyone else had this problem before?

Last edited: Dec 7, 2003
  2. Bodene

Bodene Regular member

Power DVD is glitchy at best. I, and others, have a lot of trouble getting it to work correctly. I finally dumped it and downloaded WinDVD. Works much better. You can also use Windows Media Player.

3. koola

koola Guest

Make sure you use the latest version AnyDVD with cloneDVD. The new DVDs that are being released now come with some new protection. I don't know if this is a cae but you don't know?

Make sure you have the latest ASPI drivers installed and that you have the full version of PowerDVD. The trial version blanks when you are over the time limit.

Hope this helps :D

4. RiPsTeR01

RiPsTeR01 Guest

i am not really familiar with clone dvd so but ill take a poke at it. you normally get green screen when the copied version did not break the encryption. I am not 100% positive that clone dvd can break new forms of encryption. try using dvd-shrink. also power dvd is awesome

5. koola

koola Guest

First of all RiPsTeR01, CloneDVD carn't read protected DVD at all. It needs AnyDVD to decrypt the DVD so it can then read and copy it.

DVD Shrink is excellent as it is free but PowerDVD is not a ripper nor copier. It is a DVD player.

Green1975 problems is probs to do with ASPI drivers. :D

6. RiPsTeR01

RiPsTeR01 Guest

YeS i know wut power DVD is and i think it is the best playback software for the computer.

And as far as clone dvd went i did not think it could burn encrypted dvds and also ur right dvd shrink is the best

7. Green1975

Green1975 Member

KOOLA,
    WHAT'S UP
    I have ANYDVD Version 1.6.3.3, Is that the lastest version? Also have CLONEDVD Vesion 1.2.8.4 Is That the lastest version? If not what are the lastest version of both software?

Koola have you ever come across that problem when u get a green screen?

I also had a problem with another movie saying it had a bad sector and it didn't burn. I ran the test with NERO 6 CD DVD speed check and it fail. I guess it just a bad DVD. It was a friend DVD.

8. Green1975

Green1975 Member

Found anydvd Version 3.2.0.1, but When I installed it. It wanted me to buy it, so I went back to the other version that I have Until I find what I need for that program to work. If You know what I mean.

Also found CLONEDVD Version 1.3.11.2, This program was fine I just installed it over the older version of CLONEDVD and it work. Didn't ask me to buy it.

9. koola

koola Guest

Yes I have. I installed the latest ASPI drivers which solved the problem.

As for AnyDVD Version 3.2.0.1, version 1.6.3.3 will be fine :D

10. RiPsTeR01

RiPsTeR01 Guest

or it could be from the fact that clonedvd does not break the encryption, (green screen) thats what happens when u try and play un decrypted dvds

11. koola

koola Guest

All you get when you try and play encrypted DVDs is a scrambled image as the DVD has CSS (Content Scrambling System) encryption.

You don't get any green screens when you try and open a DVD with cloneDVD RiPsTeR01, as it gives a message that the DVD is encrypted and dosen't let you open the DVD.

It uses AnyDVD, which is a seperate program for the decryption RiPsTeR01.

12. RiPsTeR01

RiPsTeR01 Guest

before i knew the correct way of burning i just used roxio or nero and i did infact get green screens for time to time