1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

what's my ps2 version, and is it relevant?

Discussion in 'PS2' started by waco, Oct 22, 2002.

1. waco

waco Member

i'm trying to get started on copying ps2 games and i was wondering how can i tell what is my ps2 version and is it relevant to know that before i get started on burning games???

2. waco

waco Member

ok, ok, ok... i found out what my ps2 version is... but just to be sure could somebody correct me if i'm wrong; if my ps2 console has eight screws on the bottom is a version 4, right?

anyway i still need to know if it is relevant for burning them games.. ck it...

waco

3. LoFoo

LoFoo Member

The older versions of ps2 are better for playing backups i think because the newer versions have a 60% chance of starting up with the swap method. I have a newer version of a ps2 with a mod chip and i find it really annoying when they do not load up on the 1st try.

4. dfgh11

dfgh11 Guest

Good trick for this is: Either,load up an original and leave it on for about 5-10 mins, then try the swap method with whatever copied game you wanted to play.Or, you can just leave your ps2 on for a while like 30mins in the options screen.
    Also, as I'm sure as most of you know, when using the swap trick(region x disc) whatever, then its all about listening to your ps2. When you instert the disc and close the drive(on region x screen or whatever equivilent you may have), you can hear whether or not it'll boot up if you press start or not.(you'll understand more if you listen to this in action yourself)Then if you hear the noise it makes when they don't boot, then don't press start just open the drive and close it again. Sometimes, not often, it just won't take. So, you reset and then,trying the swap trick again usually works.... It has something to do with warming the modchip up, I think... Especially if you just switched your ps2 on from cold. My ps2 never rejects a copy if it's been on a while.

5. waco

waco Member

cool... thnx a lot...

6. Sproing

Sproing Guest

Or get a no-swap chip like a Magic 2/3 or Messiah and not have to swap for ANY backup. These chips work very well and the Magic 3 can be installed in any version PS2.

If you have problems booting copies, you can try cleaning your lens and/or strengthening the magnet on the DVD-ROM by adding a small magnet to center of the white spindle on top of your drive. I did the magnet trick on a V4 that had problems loading some backups but booted them perfectly after this small mod.

7. waco

waco Member

thnx sproing... that's exactly what i was thinking of doing, i was leaning towards the magic 3 cause it seemed like the better choice; anyway i'm looking forward to buying a dvd-burner because apparently the copying process is easier on a dvd-rw than in a cd-rw, so i guess i'm going to wait for a couple of days and see what happens then... thnx a lot anyway, i appreciate it...

waco