1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Whats some good software out there?

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by dmagz, Feb 1, 2004.

1. dmagz

dmagz Guest

I recently got DVD X Copy Patinum. I burned two DVD's and the worked fine. I tried burning more and they freeze in the middle of the move. The ones that worked I burn on Maxell. The others were on Maxell and Memorex. I did everything they told me to do and still nothing. Can't you tell me what are some good media out there and what good software is out there to burn DVD's? I know this software works but I am just so frustrated with it. Please, help me. I am new to burning DVDS. I have a TDK 8X burner.

2. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

One of the best combinations out there is DVD Shrink for ripping/compressing, Nero or RecordNow for burning and Ritek G04 discs. Check out this link for guides to use these:

http://www.chrismccann.co.uk/user_guides.htm
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]Gigabyte 8INXP, Intel P4HT 3.06
    Mushkin 1024 MB PC2100
    Sapphire 9800 Pro
    Plextor PX-708A/Plextor Premium/LTD-166S
    M-Audio Revolution 7.1
    Browning Hi-Power[/small]

Last edited: Feb 1, 2004
  3. Shoey

Shoey Guest

DVD Rippers
    1) DVD Decrypter
    2) SmartRipper

DVD Compressing& encoding
    1) DVD Shrink 3.14
    2) CloneDVD
    3) Pinnacle Instant Copy 8.0
    4) DVD2One
    5) DVDXCopy Express

DVD buring software
    1) CloneDVD
    2) DVD Shrink 3.14
    3) Nero Burning Rom 6.0
    4) Pinnacle Instant Copy 8.0

I've tested all the above programs except DVDXCopy Express. Viewing the same dvd movie backup using the best possible settings for each program, I can't identify a "clear" winner. DVD Shrink& CloneDVD are very simple to use. I've used Maxell& Memorex dvd+r media nd have had no problems.In fact my personal preferance for dvd+r media is Maxell for the price!
    I like DVD Decrypter, CloneDVD& DVD Shrink. I also like Pinnacle Instant Copy 8.0 too!
    Check out the link provided Copying DVD's, The Good, the bad& ugly. A little outdated but a great guide on what software to use and I assure you the dvd testing performed by experts.
    http://www.cdfreaks.com/article/114

Shoey :)

_X_X_X_X_X_[small]Afterdawn forum rules
    http://www.afterdawn.com/general/legal.cfm
    Mobo: MSI KT4VL-6712,CPU: AthlonXP Barton 2500+,Ram: 512 SD-DDR (PC-2700),nVidia GeForce FX5600(256MB DDR),Maxtor ATA\133 80 gig hd,WD 80 gig external USB 2.0 [/small]

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 1, 2004
  4. MysticE

MysticE Active member

Good Media will be media that matches up well with your burner.

If you don't have Nero, grab CD Speed and do a 'Transfer Rate' test on the discs you've burned. It will also identify the maker of the disc (Verbatim for one, uses at least 4 different makers).
    http://www.cdspeed2000.com/

A good result/match should look like this. These discs match up well with my burner:

[​IMG]

You don't want to see results like these, as these discs may play but with problems.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Meritline for one, sells Sample Packs of different discs for testing. The last bad graph I posted was with RitekG04's, after updating to my burners most current firmware I got this result (all good now).

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 1, 2004
  5. dmagz

dmagz Guest

I don't have Nero But I have Roxio 6. Can I use that instead. if I use DVD Shrink 3.1. Thanks for you'lls help. I would love to hear more good software that other people used and like.

6. Shoey

Shoey Guest

Ouch m8, uninstall Roxio Easy Cd Cre(a)mater as this program has a tendancy to cause ASPI layer conflicts.I recommned using stable ASPI 4.6 m8. Start with DVD Shrink 3.14 (very easy to use) and eventually test CloneDVD& Pinnacle Instant Copy 8.0 (little more difficult to use).

7. dmagz

dmagz Guest

So I guess I would be better off with buying Nero 6. Thanks for the infor. I guess I have to go check it out.

8. Shoey

Shoey Guest

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 1, 2004
  9. dmagz

dmagz Guest

So these are good to use like Nero? I will try them out. Thanks

10. Shoey

Shoey Guest

burnatonce 0.99b is "almost" as good as Nero m8. Program is free and don't have all the nice extra tools. A nice feature that's equipped with burnatonce 0.99b= "copy on the fly".