1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What's the best Choice.....Help

Discussion in 'DivX / XviD' started by rhem, Aug 31, 2003.

1. rhem

rhem Regular member

This is my question. I've got tons od DivX Movies, that I'd like to burn. Witch is a better choice, VCD or DVD. I'm not sure about VCD because it might loose it's quality and not about DVD cause It might waste space.

Any Suggestons!

2. #afonic

#afonic Regular member

Hi!
    You mean that you are going to convert the movie to VCD or DVD format or just burn it as DivX?
    If you want to convert it then DVD is the best if you have a DVD-writer, than you should better use SVCD as the simple VCD has poor quality.
    You can find out how to make a DVD or a SVCD by reading this site's Articles or search at www.dvdrhelp.com.

3. rhem

rhem Regular member

Yea, I'm gonna get the Pioneer 106 and I'm using TMPEGnc to convert to MPEG-2.
    THanx 4 the Help.
    But what's the best audio to use 4 DVD.

CBR - MPEG-1 Layer II Audio (MP2)
    CBR - Linear PCM Audio
    VBR - " "
    VBR - " "

4. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

Well, the CBR - Linear PCM Audio would probably yield the greatest quality but would also take up a crapload of space. Unless you only want to have one movie per DVD then the CBR - MPEG-1 Layer II Audio (MP2) should be more than good enough.