1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Whats the best DVD burning engine to use?

Discussion in 'Other video questions' started by DVDultra, Mar 1, 2007.

1. DVDultra

DVDultra Guest

Yea,I was just wondering if what you people think is the best burning engine out?I have CloneDVD2,DVDfab express,DVDcloner3,and nero.I always used clonedvd2,untill i noticed its not giving me the best picture.DVDcloner3 is a awful ripper but does give a great picture when ripped down with another program.Then i started using nero,but i dont know.What do u guys think is the best?

2. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

Well Nero's Recode imho gives the best quality out of all them.
    Just need something like AnyDVD running behind it or rip 1st w/ DVD Fab Decrypter to remove the copy protection.

But CloneDVD does has some options that the others don't. If you want to get the best quality keep the compression as low as possible. In CloneDVD you can uncheck the unwanted titles like the special features and previews you don't want to keep the compression low. It just 'blanks' them out.
    Uncheck all the unwanted audios too - I just keep AC-3/6.

3. sdsunjay

sdsunjay Guest

Nero is good. ive never had a problem with quality through nero. the only problem ive had with nero is sometime the disks dont play on my dvd player/ps2. a good burner that works all the time in dvd decrypter. The only problem with that is getting the file into .iso format, which isnt a problem (for me atleast) because of dvd shrink that does have output file as .iso. i hope that helps.

4. pdatruth

pdatruth Guest

use anydvd in the background to rip it to your pc then clonedvd2 works great for me made about 300 movies with perfect picture quality and sound

5. dymx

dymx Guest

Nero 7 or ashampoo burning studio