1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Whats the best dvd converting software out there?

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by sturmars, Oct 6, 2007.

1. sturmars

sturmars Regular member

for converting .avi files unto dvd (.vob) I use winavi faithfully..
    its fast & reliable..the only thing its missing is that you can make menus with your conversations.. nero lets you make menus, but it takes to long to convert avi to dvd with nero...

any other programs that are more suitable for the job???

2. rdmercer1

rdmercer1 Active member

you know there is this great thing here at afterdawn that has worked wonders for many people here asking questions like yours, it is called the search button, if you were to use that button you would find all the information you are looking for, convertxtodvd!

3. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

sturmars - that sig pic is 60kb instead of the max allowed 50kb, please shrink it down

4. casper150

casper150 Member

Hey post on a forum get patronised by a senior member, it dont have make you feel welcome.

Course in the same amount of time it took to type that it would it would have been just as easy and a bit more helpful to actually answer him.........

personally sturmars Ive tried loads but I wouldnt change from convertx

Last edited: Oct 7, 2007
  5. LOCOENG

LOCOENG Moderator Staff Member

6. dizzyduck

dizzyduck Regular member

I use CCE (Cinema Craft Encoder)for encoding the avi files and BeSweet to process the audio files into AC3 files. Then DVDLab Pro to compile the video and audio into a DVD. I have tried various other methods including ConvertXtoDVD and Procoder and have not found anything that can match the quality of CCE. ConvertXtoDVD is faster and more simple. It typically takes 45 minutes to encode 700mb avi, 5-7 minutes to encode audio. So roughly 1 hour to encode and depending on how in depth I go with my menus, maybe another 20 minutes to compile DVD. So about 1hr 15min from bang to buck. The output (in my opinion) is above all others.