1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Whats the best DVD recovery software?

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by mimesis, Feb 20, 2005.

1. mimesis

mimesis Member

I need someone to help me in finding a good DVD recovery software. For some reason almost all of my movies i have backed up before using shrink and decrypter are screwed up. I used to use DVD X Copy but i want to see if there is any way to fix the green blocks and the freezing in them or not. I know that they have bad sectors (probably from burning at too high of speeds) but i want to try and fix as many as possible.

2. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

The only software I know of that said it could repair data was DVD X Copy's program call X Rescue or something like that. I never used it but heard it would work on some originals. It is kind of hard to tell if it would work on a bad backup disc. Don't think its available anymore.

Jerry

3. mybarras

mybarras Member

dvd x copy platinum comes with dvd x rescue which i use with great results 321 studios are gone so u will have to get it off the net,works on originals and back ups but only use 4x dvds with this prog.hope this helps

4. squizzle

squizzle Active member

I think DVD X Rescue only works with scratched discs, both originals and backups. It tries as hard as it can to read the data and if it can't it fills it in with what it thinks should be there. It might be wrong, but it does work great 99% of the time. I'm not sure if it'll work for your problem, but try it out if you can find it.