1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

whats the best file sharing programme for macs?

Discussion in 'Mac - General discussion' started by neckface, Jun 10, 2007.

1. neckface

neckface Member

i'm currently using limewire but can't get some movies and no albums just single songs, any alternitives?? thanks

2. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

Hi neckface
    The Nero forum is kinda the wrong one for this question but check out afterdawn software for mac stuff - link

3. herbsman

herbsman Moderator Staff Member

Edited bold tags out of the title & moved to somewhere hopefully more appropriate (leading to more relevant replies one would think)

; )

4. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

Txs herbsman :)

5. trigga71

trigga71 Regular member

i only use lime-wire for single songs, torrents are probably your best bet google for more info, remember only download music, movie etc. that you legally own <-- thats just my disclaimer

6. neckface

neckface Member

thanks ebody, i'll try all that info. and of course i would never download stuff i don't actually purchase!! :)

7. los25

los25 Member

"... remember only download music, movie etc. that you legally own <-- thats just my disclaimer"

trigga71,

Can you explain more your statement? I'm new to the torrents and was wondering about your statement.

8. akaangus

akaangus Regular member

Azureus is also for mac, and is one of the better torrent programs (I'm not saying the best to avoid a flame war ;) ). FrostWire is much better than LimeWire and is free and also for mac.

9. trigga71

trigga71 Regular member

well most people download "pirate" music, movies etc. Me telling you about torrents is fine but i was just remineding everyone to download stuff they already own legally. As some peolpe cant make backup copys on say there Wii games because there on a mac. Just a reminder thats all

10. Speedy16

Speedy16 Member

I agree. I am very new to mac, and was looking for a torrent program similar to utorrent. I couldnt find anything really close, or at least so far. Azureus isnt to bad, and has the most features and controls. As for P2P, I am not familiar at all. I havent used one in quite some time. But I do occasionally use frostwire, and i havnt had a problem yet with it

11. redZoneOS

redZoneOS Regular member

I use frostwire/azureus on my macbook, and frostwire/utorrent on my PC desktop... Both sets work perfectly and the speeds are great! good luck.