1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Whats the best possible burn speed?

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by igloo9, Jun 19, 2007.

1. igloo9

igloo9 Member

My disks highest speed is 16x, and one of the guides said burn half of it...so i burn games at 8x..but other people are saying use low speeds like 2 or 4x.

What should I do?

And another quick question, I burned a games image file to a dvd disk at 8x speed, but when i boot it up with swap magic it stays at a black screen, how can i fix this?

2. AfterDawn

AfterDawn Advertisement

3. OmriSama

OmriSama Regular member

Min speed always works for me.

4. orthogonl

orthogonl Regular member

Experiment. Use whatever seems to produce the best burns for you. Many people will tell you burn at 4x or half the rated speed of the disc--which are general guidelines, but if you experience better burns with other speeds then by all means do so.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2007
  5. steimy

steimy Active member

I would go no lower than 4X on a 16X DVD. I use 4X for everything. If 4X would not work the next best would be 6X or 8X.
    The general rule is to burn at half the max speed of the DVD you use.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2007
  6. Z3120

Z3120 Regular member

Like what orthogonl and steimy said. There are so many factors from various PS2 versions, CPU hardware, DVD writers and so forth that make up quite a substantial amount of different results for different people; hence, it depends on you on how fast you want to burn your disc as. I've been using a LITE-ON burner I managed to salvaged and have had great results burning on my 8x Taiyo Yuden DVD+Rs on 8x compared to using 6x. Updating the firmware for your burner can also help which you can easily do using the option presented in DVD Decryptor.

Edit: oh, and what DVDs are you using? I would recommend trying a media brand switch depending on your answer and your repeated struggling results you have with them no matter what you do.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2007