1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Whats the best stand alone divx xvid player

Discussion in 'DivX / XviD' started by adz123, Jun 9, 2004.

1. adz123

adz123 Guest

Hi Everyone,
    I've been searching the net for a stand alone divx xvid player, and there are loads of them. I want it purely for playing divx and xvid files from disk (cd). I don't really care how real dvds perform on it just as long as the divx and xvid files work and look good.

I quite like the look of the Philips 737. Is that any good. As I dont realy have a clue what I'm looking for I would really appriciate some help.

Thanks a lot

Cheers, Adam

2. iNf-r

iNf-r Member

3. bergj69

bergj69 Member

I'm quite happy with my Kiss DP-1000. I bought it at http://www.divxplayer.nl which is only in Dutch. Try searching the Google in your country. Some of the Kiss models are also fitted with an ethernet connectiong so that you can play DivX files directly from your computer and watch them on TV. There are also wireless models. The DP-1000 is the most simple version of them all and doesn't have the ethernet option. But it does play all of the DivX and XviD formats, including the subtitles! As I understood, one of the disadvanteges of the Philips is the small size of the subtitles and its yellow colour.