1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Whats the best way to get mods onto my xbox

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by ChipMasta, Jul 25, 2005.

1. ChipMasta

ChipMasta Regular member

I installed a Xecuter 3 CE with solderless and control panel and everything works great. I downloaded some mods but what do u guys think is the best way to get them onto my xbox. And can u tell me how to use the program. I currently have ppfomatic and HMT.v3.5 and flashFXP.
    I have the files for ppfomatic but i am not really sure how to use the program. and with HMT, where can i get the maps and how to i use that program. And one last thing is that i am not able to sign onto xb live. i am useing the same internet as i always have for xb live but ever since i installed the chip i cant sign on, i know im not banned because it never says anything. i click zoomyzoomzoom(game tag) and nothing happen, and thats while im in halo 2. but when i am in the dash it says that it cannot connect. what must i do to fix this. Any help will be great.

2. tim1210

tim1210 Regular member

if your using ppfs to mod halo, you must usse ppfomatic to apply the ppf to the corresponding map. 1st ftp the desired ORIGINAL Halo map to your computer. then open up ppfomatic. where it says ppf, open up the ppf u downloaded. where it says iso or disc image or sumthing, click browse or choose file then use the scroller to go to all files isntead of just ISO. then select your map, (IE coagulation.map) and patch it. make sure u apply to the map that the ppf was made for. than all u have to do with the modified map is FTP it back to your halo2 maps folder. IMPORTANT: make sure you backup you original map(s) first

when u try to sign on to xbox live is your chip on? is you HDD locked and what size is it?

3. ChipMasta

ChipMasta Regular member

My chip is on when i go to sign onto xb live, and i can't be banned because it nevver said anything and i have never gone onto live with the chip yet. i try to turn my chip off but when i try it just frags red/green with no audio and video output, how can i fix that? And the hdd is the stock hdd. And also how to i get the maps from my xbox to my computer, thats what i have to do right, to add mods to them? And do i need a special dash to get the maps.i am runngin the dash that was on the chip, i flashed the chip with bios version 3.0.3 and then after flashed with X3 3029. Should i put evo on, if so, how do i put it on? Like through http:// like i did when i flashed it or something else like can i do it through a disc.

Thanks 4 all ur help

4. ChipMasta

ChipMasta Regular member

O and my hdd is unlocked, what should i have it on?

5. tim1210

tim1210 Regular member

weird... i dunno i think u MIGHT be banned im not sure. ask around on other forum or maybe look it up at bungie to see if u r supposed to get a message when banned. maybe they just do it like that idunno. but u got the ppfs to work rite?

6. ChipMasta

ChipMasta Regular member

No, i have the ppf files but i need to get the maps off my xbox or somethin, can u or anyone help me and tell me how to get the maps.

7. ChipMasta

ChipMasta Regular member

And i checked Bungie and i am not banned because i never got a message or email or anything and my accout is still acctivated. I can still look at my level and stuff. And i have never gone onto live with my chip yet.

And can u help me out with getting my mods into my box. Is there a way i can do it with a flash drive, because i have the control panel so i can use the usb.

Please Help Me Out

8. ChipMasta

ChipMasta Regular member

Ok, i was messing around the menus and stuff in the new dash and there is a thing that makes it so u cannot log into live. its says DISABLE XBL LOGIN: ENABLED so now i disabled it. and now i run halo and now its says singing in and then it says that it cannot connect. so i troubleshoot. Everrything is fine, it says connected to live. So i try the game again and still says that it cant connect, its weird, i dont know if anyone has had this problem.

9. ChipMasta

ChipMasta Regular member

Iv been messing with all the settings and i was able to disable the chip and not frag. So now i can get onto live with the chip off. I just cant get onto live with the chip on, But now all i need is help with getting the mods to the xbxo.

10. ChipMasta

ChipMasta Regular member

Can someone just explain to me how to get the map from my xbox to my pc using flashFXP. And how to get the mods onto the maps. How do i do this all?

Help Please

11. ChipMasta

ChipMasta Regular member

I got everything working and flashFXP too with my box connected to computer. I have all the drives up on FXP now where do i go from there to get the 9 new maps that i downloaded through live onto my computer. Like where do i go through the drives to get them?

12. xMoldx

xMoldx Member

what kind of dashboard do u have?

13. ChipMasta

ChipMasta Regular member

Ya, i never posted that i found out how to get stuff to my xbox, i use flashFXP. but about my dash, i never pout one, i just flashed my chip with the new X3 bios and i had a dash. But can u or anyone help me get Xboxx Media Center on my xbox, i dont know how i do that, and if i put xbmc, can i put it on another dip switch so i can have both dashes.
    Thanks 4 all ur help

14. xMoldx

xMoldx Member

do u have the xecuter dash with the rotating xecuter logo(the default 1 b4 u install skins on it)cuz i have the same thing but now i cant install a dashboard. when i put in slayers and boot up my box with the chip enabled it just goes back to the xecuter dash.

sry i dont know how to get xbmc on to ur xbox :(

and when u try to boot ur xbox on sum banks does ur xbox start and then turn off then start and turn off and then the eject LED blinks red and green does anyone know why it does that?

Last edited: Aug 23, 2005
  15. ChipMasta

ChipMasta Regular member

Ya i have the dash wit hthe rotating x in the back. And yes when i switch to a different bank mine does the same thing as urs, the on/off red thing. i think its because i or u did not put anything on them. And i dont even knoe how to put anydash on. I want xbmc on my box so i can run xlink kai evo 7 on it.

16. xMoldx

xMoldx Member

ill look around and see if i can find how to install xbmc onto xbox.

17. ChipMasta

ChipMasta Regular member

k cool thanks, i will be looking too.

18. ChipMasta

ChipMasta Regular member

Ya i found out how to get it on but i need a dash already like evo or ava so i need to do that first

19. xMoldx

xMoldx Member

sry i wasnt able to find anything but atleast u found it

does ur xbox read the slayers autoinstaller disc when u put it in the drive or did u not try that yet?

20. ChipMasta

ChipMasta Regular member

No i have not tried it, i am gunna try to ftp everything in that i can be cause i find it easyest