1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What's the best way to rip my DVDs to an external hard drive?

Discussion in 'Convert DVD to another format' started by larbud, Oct 25, 2007.

1. larbud

larbud Member

I've got a 500 GB external hard drive and I want to rip a bunch of my DVDs to it. I use CloneDVD2. I would like to put the DVDs on the hard drive the easiest(quickest) way possible. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

2. newtechie

newtechie Regular member

Hi - Maybe I'm not understanding your question but you've said that you're using CloneDVD2 to rip. Is it not fast enough for you? The only thing you need to do is save them as DVD files and browse to the external drive to save them there. Hope this helps.

Wy

3. larbud

larbud Member

Sorry. I'm kinda new to this as you can tell. Yeah I just want to put them on my hard drive so I can watch them on my laptop. So when I use CloneDVD just choose DVD files and send them to a folder on that drive?

4. newtechie

newtechie Regular member

Yes sir! That's basically it. When you go to watch them just navigate to that folder to open it up.

5. IHoe

IHoe Senior member

to use CloneDVD alone won't break the encryptions on the DVD! You would need another program to break the encryptions and then CloneDVD can be used to copy the files to the external hard drive. One such a program is AnyDVD....... you use AnyDVD in the background and then open the Video_TS folder in CloneDVD to copy files to the external drive. But, If you have AnyDVD you can just rip that DVD to the hard drive by using just AnyDVD! choice is yours...... you can also use DVDFab HD Decrypter to rip the DVD to the external and that program is free, found here:
    http://www.dvdfab.com/free.htm

6. larbud

larbud Member

Thanks guys. I do have AnyDVD, didn't know I could rip it to hard drive with that. But I'll give it a whirl.

7. IHoe

IHoe Senior member