1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What's the big deal?

Discussion in 'PS2' started by rafer11, Jan 31, 2005.

1. rafer11

rafer11 Member

Ok, i've read around here about "oh, that mod sucks cuz your ps2 always thinks the lid is closed". I don't get this, why does it matter if your ps2 always thinks the lid is closed. I have a slimline and my SMD's came with the ghost mods so i figure i might as well install it. I'm told though that since the sensors are always blocked out the ps2 always thinks the lid is closed. a) Why is this a big deal? that's my first question.

My second question is... b) is this how it's gonna go down if i want to play a backup on my slimline assuming i have installed the ghost mods(those 2 tiny little sensor blockers).
    -Turn on PS2
    -Place proper SMD in the ps2
    -after closing the lid, the disc should begin to spin as im not blocking the part of the slimline which affects whether or not the disc spins
    -then SM will prompt me to insert my backup
    -i will open ps2 and the SMD will stop spinning and i will replace it will my backup
    -close lid and stary playing
    ??

or is this completely off?

2. A.Beast

A.Beast Guest

Personally I don't think there is a major deal with the ps2 thinking things are closed all the time. I'm pretty sure you would only run in to problems if you had to do a "detected" swap in order to play a certain game.

As for what games require multiple and detected swaps I have no clue.

As far as how its going to go down, you basically have the idea. I don't know about the disc brake and how that works in conjunction with the ghost mods, but I don't think it makes a difference, you'll be playing backups in no time.

3. rafer11

rafer11 Member

hwo do you like your slimtool?