1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

whats the deal w/ patching

Discussion in 'PS2' started by Brasi, Aug 6, 2003.

1. Brasi

Brasi Member

Ive heard a few different things about patching in this forum; some say its necessary, some dont. I just want to know if you need to patch w/ a fliptop and smd, either w/ a cd-r or a dvd-r or both. I realize there is already some info on this out there, but im getting conflicting reports.

2. GlennT

GlennT Regular member

yeah, this annoys me too. i think that from what i have read, the flip-top/swipe card method doesn't need require any patching on any games, but some games just won't work regaurdless. i use the swipe card, anmd i've never had any problems and i never need to patch games (but then i haven't done that many backups, so)

3. GlennT

GlennT Regular member

yeah, this annoys me too. i think that from what i have read, the flip-top/swipe card method doesn't need require any patching on any games, but some games just won't work regaurdless. i use the swipe card, anmd i've never had any problems and i never need to patch games (but then i haven't done that many backups, so)