1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

what's the difference between cdudf and udf?

Discussion in 'PS2' started by NoelG, Feb 10, 2003.

1. NoelG

NoelG Member

I recently burned a nightmare on elm street onto dvd using smartripper (yeah, i know, naff film) onto dvd+r. i tried playing it on my ps2, but it wouldn't accept it, it only took it on my computer dvd player. I realised afterwards that i hadn't finalised the session properly after the writing process. So i used directcd to finish off the session. now on my dvd disk it says that i have 800mb of space available, but the other 4GB's have been used. The file system on a normal dvd is udf i think, but on my copied dvd, it says it is cdudf. it now works in my ps2. is there any difference between the 2 formats? does the cdudf mean it is multisession? will i be able to burn a dvd+r and finalise the session straight away and will it work on my ps2? i am confused. any help would be great. thanks

2. NoelG

NoelG Member

by the way i have a SCPH30003, a ricoh mp5125a and burn on hp dvd+r

3. Wizkid

Wizkid Active member

You can choose UDF and finilize at the same time.
    I allways copy my movies that way after ripping them and compressing them with DVD2one if neccesary.