1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Whats the Difference between Ritek Ridata 4x Silver matte and Ritek Ridata 4x Branded?

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by Ka0s, Sep 13, 2004.

1. Ka0s

Ka0s Guest

Is the logo the only difference? or is the silver matte discs really hidden old ritek g04's non ridata? :p

im kinda wondering if there is a difference. Because i noticed the Ritek Ridata g04 with logo/branded is discontinued at many manufacturers. Yet the matte finish still exist. I ordered ritek ridata branded dvd-r with logo from allmediaoutlet.com. Now this time i had to order the matte finish ones because they were out of stock of the branded/logo ones. I called and they told me they were discontinued. So whats the difference between the two discs? the logos only? is one or the other better?

2. bruwery

bruwery Member

Good question. I'm wondering the same thing myself. I just received 100 of the silver mattes today that I ordered through Shop4tech.com.

Unless I'm doing something wrong, these are pure junk. I've burned over 60 disks on Verbatims with no media related errors. Now the first two alleged "Ritek G-04 Silver Matte" disks took a big dump only moments into the burn.

3. Ka0s

Ka0s Guest

maybe distributors are hiddenly putting silver matte logo's over the ritek g04's that were a bad batch from the UK. "Mountains and streams". I dont know what to think. I recieve my 100 pack of the ritek ridata -r matte finish tomorrow..ill post results.

4. bruwery

bruwery Member

Now they seem to be okay. After the two failures, (both with Nero) I had two successes. Long story short, I think I may have had a software issue.

5. Ka0s

Ka0s Guest

i also burnt two successful discs now with this..the dye seems to be a different color then the regular g04. also they are the new line which is m02. so maybe this is worth it ^^

6. StanH1000

StanH1000 Regular member

Use DVDinfo pro to analyze those disks.

7. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

bruwery

I'm not sure why you're having the problem but I didn't. Is there a chance you got a knock off? Have you ID them, I'd like to know what it is.

8. TR47

TR47 Member

I don't think Ritek makes the branded variety anymore. My supplier (Rima) carried them briefly, then they were no longer available shortly afterwards. I bought 100 of them to see what they were and they are identical to the matte/shiny ones except for a slight cosmetic difference on the disc hub and the branding on the top. They were also slightly cheaper-the only reason I can think they were discontinued was for lack of sales.

9. bruwery

bruwery Member

Sophocles,

I've ID'd the disks, and they say Ritek G04.

I'm not sure why those first two gave me a problem. I believe it was a Nero issue, because I've since done about 40 burns to these disks (using DVD Decryptor)without any apparent media related issues.

Thanks!

10. zippyd

zippyd Active member

Are all Ridata branded discs supposed to be GO4s?

I ask because I know nothing about Ritek and the Ridata brand. The ones I ordered from meritline say 4x on them but infopro says their 2.4X GO3s. I think I got screwed.

11. madmax69

madmax69 Member

Hey Zippy.....now that I read your post and when I tell you what I got.....we will both come to the conclusion that meritline is not a good distributor for non branded media....I purchased a 50 pack of 4x G04's shiny silver.....dvd identifier and dvdinfo and decrypter has them as G05's....so at first I thought...ok good deal for me...if they at least burn at 4x...I should be ok....bottom line is they are junk....I burned several...like I always do with dvddecrypter....12 burns...and got 11 coasters....I got one good burn...so I know its not a compatability issue....First of all...I didn't get what I paid for...and neither did you...second of all..these discs are horrible..they have some weird gunk on the hub ring...the edges are really bad...just crap...I will never buy from meritline again and I am staying away from G04's...read some horror stories about meritline on http://www.resellerratings.com/ I just hope I can get my money back...or else I am sicking my credit card company on them.....

12. madmax69

madmax69 Member

Oh...Actually I don't want to completely dog the Riteks when many have had success.....I am just simply going to stay away from meritline...from what I've read they cannot be trusted.....too bad I just found out after I bought a 50 pack....

13. joeyjoey

joeyjoey Member

EXACT same deal as madmax69. Bought 100 of the same discs, 7 of 7 have failed now, and they're not G04 but G05. madmax69, I'm still waiting on a response from meritline on my return, let me know how yours goes if you don't mind. Thanks.

14. madmax69

madmax69 Member

Hey JOey,

I PM'd you on the other thread regarding "best media nowadays" I am also going to try to return these..."Try" being the keyword. Here's some interesting reading...a little old but interesting nonetheless. Just get past the two guys arguing and you'll get some info regarding meritline and Ritek and media grade...
    http://www.dvdrhelp.com/forum/archive/t192963.html

I haven't returned the discs yet because I haven't got through to them. I want to make sure they are ok with me scratching the "coasters" I made. A few sort of read and then freeze and I don't want anyone to have access to whats on them(home movies)... Here's my advice for returning the discs...make sure you get a signature from them..or aod because if they give you a hard time..call your credit card..tell them you returned the merchandise and never got your credit and then you have proof they received it ie. signature. I personally will not accept store credit...I am willing to fork over the shipping cost back to them..although I think that sucks because they sent me crap to begin with but when you order online you agree to that but I want my money so I can go elsewhere.......I'll let you know what happens and I appreciate if you lemme know as well...

15. Ka0s

Ka0s Guest

Well i ordered a 100 pack from allmediaoutlet.com of the 4x ritek ridata matte finish.

I recieved them and they are alot better than the g04's. Alot less dye runs it seems, and the dye pattern seems to be different..its slightly more blue than purple now...

the disc ID is actually Ritek M02. Which i can confirm is the new LINE of ritek ridata since the g04 has faded out. it seems to me the m02 is alot better as well..I havnt had any coasters out of this 100 pack so far, and havnt had any problems at all so far.

16. Gringle

Gringle Guest

Hi guys 'n' girls:

Mostly those who live in the UK or the EU
    I don't live a thousand miles away from this place,http://www.rambox.co.uk/index.php just under an hours drive.

So having paid; way, way too much, for a load of crap, from someone I thought was a 'trusted' supplier; off went I for a personal visit.

I bought a 100 of their Ritek shiny silver G04 discs'
    and they're living up to Rambox's claims.

Rambox also warn of frosted silver discs' of inferior quality being on the market.. worth a look at the site.

I'm impressed with these media suppliers, the guy who sold me the first batch o' crap, he's ok. ['Tis a minefield out-thur' Jim Lad,] and he does build bloody good PCs.

Well that's me from the midlands UK

gringle/mike