1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Whats the difference between v9 and v10 ps2's?

Discussion in 'PS2' started by ManiacZX9, Mar 19, 2005.

1. ManiacZX9

ManiacZX9 Member

I fried the motherboard in my buddy's 50001 4a ps2 doing a modchip install.
    Can I replace the V10 GH-026 board with a v9 GH-023 or GH-024 board?

2. esco600

esco600 Regular member

i'm not an expert, but i wouldn't recommend trying this. by just looking at the two boards there isn't too much of a difference except for one or two of the little chip like things in different places. but that's just what meets the eye. you never know how different those things are internally. i know what both boards look like because i had your exact problem, except it was my PS2. i just went and got another one that turned out to be v9.

3. jaydeeX3

jaydeeX3 Guest

you should of went with a Flip Top with the swap magic disks, you couldve saved yourself a lot of trouble......

4. ManiacZX9

ManiacZX9 Member

Except for the fact that flip tops suck. Modchips are superior in every way. I've installed many problem free, and everyone works great, boots first time every time with no swapping hassle. Can you say that for a flip top??
    Anyways, thanks esco600, guess I'll just have to buy another ps2, as I can't find any V10 boards anywhere.

5. spyman

spyman Regular member

you basically need to know if the lasers are compatible right?

I think they are, but they have to be the same model.

ie there are 400-c lasers and hd7 lasers. so the motherboard from the other unit must use the same type of laser otherwise it won't work.

Again I am not sure they do work in the first place, but I don't see why it wouldnt.

6. jaydeeX3

jaydeeX3 Guest

ask around......more people have had problems with mod chips than they have with the flip top...... ive been around here for a while....more posts for problems with mod chips than flip tops.... and ive never had a problem with mine booting....and the swap runs clean and plays perfectly...

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 20, 2005
  7. ManiacZX9

ManiacZX9 Member

How do you tell which version of laser you have? Is it a chip on the board, or is it in the drive itself??