1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Whats the diffrence?

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Col_t, Nov 9, 2004.

1. Col_t

Col_t Guest

Hey I just got my dvd burner "burning" Im using dvd- what are the difrence between dvd- and dvd+ ?

The dvd's i have burned work in all my dvdplayers but the one in my truck is it because im using dvd- ? If you have any information on the difrence between dvd- and dvd + id love to know becuase im nto sure what ones to get. THanxz

2. mcalister

mcalister Regular member

dvd-r and dvd+r are just different media formats. Generally speaking dvd-r seems to be more compatable with different types of media players. dvd-r is more compatable with a wide variety of burn programs too. I use -r alot more than +r unless +r is cheaper for some reason. There's nothing wrong with the +r format, it just boils down to your own personal preference.

3. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

4. mcalister

mcalister Regular member

Oh yea I dont recommend using -rw unless your recording tv shows like soap operas, or radio music. Is it possible that your trying to play a -rw, format in your truck ? If so thats why it's not playing.

5. mcalister

mcalister Regular member

Very good info Pete I still refer to it all the time.