1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What's the extra screw for with fliptop?

Discussion in 'PS2 - Software boot discussion' started by wilmero, Oct 29, 2004.

1. wilmero

wilmero Member

I got 2 filptops and they both came with 1 screw...what's it for? Also, I get a loud clunking sound when I insert discs..anyone get this? I can boot up cheap dvd's fine but when I try to play a TDK dvd with the fliptop it makes a crazy sound like it's not spinning right. Why does 1 dvd spin fine and the TDK doesn't?

If anyone can answer any of these questions that would be gret. Now if I can only find where they sell ritek dvd's....hmmmmm

Wilmero

2. jonels

jonels Regular member

a complete guess ... one of the flip top screw mounting locations maybe at different depth height to the original , so a longer/shorter screw is required to seat the cover completely... this might be causing tha magnetic gizmo to be slightly too high to keep the discs down firmly ??? thus causing the noise ???

Last edited: Oct 29, 2004
  3. wb_hades

wb_hades Guest

Wilmero,

the extra screw is to keep in place the small plastic assembly that has the eject and reset button. Make sure you do not screw thru the ribbon cable. Did your fliptop come with its own little white disc ? If yes, remove it and take the original one from the CD cover you had to unscrew. That hsould take care of the noise. Another thing you might have to do is adjust the 8 cover screws. When it is too tight or too loose you could get those noises.