1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What's the Hot Gear this year on Black Friday & Xmas 4 You and why?

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by BIGTOXY69, Nov 1, 2007.

1. BIGTOXY69

BIGTOXY69 Regular member

Being we are now in November & also that Xmas & my birthday is coming up I thought I'd start a post to get some Ideas for Xmas & birthday gear for me and ! I figure some of you might have a similar situation or a constructive thought /opinion ? to add !! Please remember to keep it it clean ( this is a family show after all ) & stick to things that are anatomically possible ( LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) Seriously though I've never been this undecided on my presents this late in the year !!! before ? I had a few thoughts Like adding a 1TB chunk of hard drive space to my desktop rig ? or upgrading My Nascar NCL-3006 Laptop 's memory from 512MB. to 1 or 2MB ? or maybe get one of those Samsung 203B sata Burners and a Sata /usb enclosure to make another external drive ( my old emachines ain't setup for sata !!! I've had a few other Ideas but nothing has really gelled inside the pumpkin head yet LOL! - I had to replace My Motherboard & PSU this year so that upgrade would be redundant for now & If I did that then I have to get faster memory and other parts and before you know it I could've just bought a new computer outright !!! What are you Guys & Gals contemplating for this year ? let's hear ya's !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. AlBundy

AlBundy Regular member

For me a PS3 and/or a surround sound unit for my tv

3. BIGTOXY69

BIGTOXY69 Regular member

AlBundy-sounds like a plan ! hope you get a killer deal on them atleast !!! I'm not really a gamer Thought ! But everybody likes different things and has different hobbies so enjoy them when you get 'em & happy Holidays Ciao!!!!!!!!!!

4. catfreak

catfreak Active member

5. BIGTOXY69

BIGTOXY69 Regular member

catfreak- I'll give you points for style !!! You don't dream small !!! good choice though ! - But for me that price would mean a whole new computer ! but I hope santa brings you one Ho!,Ho!,Ho!,Ho!,=!!!! LOL! Ciao!!!!!!!!!!

6. Joshewah

Joshewah Regular member

1.) Build a cheap, low wattage, small form factor, HTPC/media PC. (when I mean cheap... I mean CHEAP.)

2.) Large capacity external HDD (1TB or larger) for music and tv shows.

3.) Xbox 360

I doubt I'll have the money for any of the three though. :\

7. BIGTOXY69

BIGTOXY69 Regular member

- Here are some possible solutions 1( Barebones PC ), 2. 1Tb external HDD's are available reasonably $258.54 http://www.buy.com/prod/iomega-valu...m-external-hard-drive/q/loc/101/204347548.htm or you could just make one yourself?3. XBOx 360 well there are always sales ? Good luck

8. tripplite

tripplite Guest

i want a 22 inch wide screen monitor, dvi enabled, and at 200 or under, any ideas?

9. BIGTOXY69

BIGTOXY69 Regular member

tripplite- I would Try Checking the BF ( BLACK FRIDAY ADDS ) , Newegg .com , Buy.com , Zipzoomfly.com ect... OR any of the only shopping sites to narrow down you choices and price range !!!! Good luck and Merry Christmas One and All HO!, HO!, HO!, HO!,

10. pryme_H

pryme_H Regular member

11. BIGTOXY69

BIGTOXY69 Regular member

they can call it BlueWhale Tuesday if they want to long as I save some momey lol!!!

12. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

tripplite:

22" Envision flatscreen monitor at Best Buy friday morning for $149.99.

22" Samsung for $199.99

Circuit City/Compusa: 22" Acer for $169.99

http://blackfriday.gottadeal.com/BlackFridaySales/Store/BestBuy

Myself: Not really anything that I need during the sales. I'll shoot my wad for at least a 28", 8+HP snowblower.Gotta Prepare for the weather, LOL.

I'll still hit a few of those stores for some blank dvds,an 8" digital picture frame from wallyworld for my dad/Guitar Hero II for the kids,and stock up on some $10 kmart el cheapo dvd players.

13. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

Black friday today, what a mad house. I went to a larger town this time and should have stuck with the smaller ones, LOL.

I got at wallyworld at 5:05 am. I had to park in BF egypt. I couldn't even get close to the good electonics sales like dad's 8" digital picture frame for $50. I couldn't even find any associates to tell me where everything was.There was 1 girl who kept ramming her cart into my a**. I walked out pretty pissed!!!

Then waited a half hour (30 degrees f) for kmart to open up and got 3 of their $10 coby dvd players.Good deal except it totalled $75 and gotta send off $45 worth of rebates.

Then I hit Office Depot for the blank dvds-100 pk for $18
    No trouble getting in,but a half hour to get checked out.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Unique Disc Identifier : [DVD+R:RITEK-F16-001]
    Disc & Book Type : [DVD+R] - [Not Available]
    Manufacturer Name : [Ritek Corp.]
    Manufacturer ID : [RITEK]
    Media Type ID : [F16]
    Product Revision : [001]
    Blank Disc Capacity : [2,295,104 Sectors = 4.70 GB (4.38 GiB)]
    Recording Speeds : [1x-2.4x , 4x , 6x-8x , 6x-16x]
    [ DVD Identifier - http://DVD.Identifier.CDfreaks.com ]

These are pretty decent discs for 18 cents each.

Then to Meijer,which wasn't too bad.Huge accident in front of it.Had a fire engine and 2 ambulances at the scene.

Then off to Menards,which is behind Meijer. What a Joke. Had to be 40 cars parked in the grass. I walked in and there had to be 50+ customers waiting at each of the very few checkouts.They all had carts full of stuff and lots of $3 snow shovels. I just wanted 1 shovel and an $8 cd binder, LOL.

Then I decided to hit a smaller wallywold on my way home. Very few people there at 8:30 am. I got lucky and found 1 digital picture frame, a 2 gb SD card for $13,and all of their toys/games that were advertised. Spent $175 there, UGGH!

A lesson I learned last year: Sometimes stores limit the amount of items that can be purchased,especially with electronics. When they do try to chechout with too many of 1 item,they leave the extras at the cash registers.These are then taken to customer service. I've gotten some of the hot sales Items this way when going into the stores after 8 am.

14. ZoSoIV

ZoSoIV Active member

shouldn't this thread be in the SV guys?? lol

15. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

Moved :)
    Now what do I want, well no black friday sale would have it, but hitting the lottery would do me just fine :)

16. svtstang

svtstang Regular member

I picked up a 32" Magnavox 720p tv, so far I am loving it! The best $580 I have ever spent!

17. ZoSoIV

ZoSoIV Active member

no electronics today but i did by a new Sealy Pillow-Top Latex Mattress and man oh man its so nice!!!

Last edited: Nov 24, 2007
  18. svtstang

svtstang Regular member

Latex Mattress? o_O

You do know that sexual relations with a Mattress is frowned upon, right? :p

Last edited: Nov 23, 2007
  19. ZoSoIV

ZoSoIV Active member

But not the girl on the mattress with me huh lol

20. tripplite

tripplite Guest

saugmon-
    22" Envision flat screen monitor at Best Buy friday morning for $149.99.

muchas gracias, bought it and a 22 inch view sonic, now i got 2 monitors
    both 22 inch, sweet thanks man

-tripplite