1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Whats the lastest FW for psp

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by burnin1, Jul 23, 2007.

1. burnin1

burnin1 Regular member

Whats up afterdawn! I was wanting to get back into custom modding again , i.e. firmware downgrading, custom homebrew, and any new unbricking techniques (besides jigkick batt.) Like reflashing progs. Had a ta 079 setup perfect for what I needed. Then some disrespectable person stole it from me. Currently have a brand new bricked ta-082. That I am wanting to try and reflash, if possible. Last Fw that I worked with was 2.5 I think, been a year so kinda hard to remember.
    Whats the latest FW that I can work with, downgradeable or Dark Alex progs? to play my backups, and hombrew.
    Like the ps3 but $ony wants to much for me to drop a 500 or 600 right now.
    Thank u guys u have always been a great help, without Afterdawn I prolly wouldnt know that modding was possible for the psp, ps2, etc.

2. mrmcman

mrmcman Guest

ok the latest firmware from sony is 3.51, but theres 3.60 on the slims they let people look at, so that may be soon available. the latest custom firmware is 3.51 M33-7. thats the only firmware (so far) that let u have 3.51 and homebrew.
    3.50 is the latest to be downgraded, and 3.51 is just a bugfix that patches the exploit we worked from. but to downgrade and run HEN on 3.50 u need Lumines.

3. marlino23

marlino23 Regular member

every version is downgradable except for te official 3.51 update. There is a 3.50 downgrader (requires Lumines 1, Puzzle Fusion). There is a 3.03 downgrader (requiring an Unpatched Version of GTA LCS, Which has the 2.00 update on it. if you have any version 1.00-2.80. i think you are good to go without any games. YES the games are required if you want to downgrade that version. If you have lumines and are at 3.03, simply update to 3.50 and downgrade from there. Once at 1.50 upgrade to Dark_AleX custom firmware 3.40 OE-Aor 3.51 M33.

NOTE: Click on downgrader you want, i provided a link for you.

LOL MRMCMAN YOU BEAT ME TO IT!!! HAHA.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2007
  4. mrmcman

mrmcman Guest

lmao by mere minutes...
    but people 1.51 to 2.80 are fine, they dont need a umd for the 2.80 downgrader.

5. marlino23

marlino23 Regular member

it was 2.80, alright me bad i'll edit that.

6. burnin1

burnin1 Regular member

WOW ty guys for the fast responses, kewl got the unpatched GTA LCS. Think i remember using that, gonna get a refurb psp ;).

Ne word on unbrickin a ta-082 yet via modchip or reflash? If not I got a brand new shiny brick for sale.

7. mrmcman

mrmcman Guest

theres a version of the undiluted platinum (UP) modchip that will work on TA-082+ motherboards, so go get one of those.
    im pretty sure its UP that works with ta-082, but if not, its the Devolution modchip. just make sure its compatible with ta082 and ur good

8. hi_every2

hi_every2 Guest

hey i will bye the bricked psp of you

9. mrmcman

mrmcman Guest

i always wondered, why do people purchase bricked psp's? can u please tell me? do u have an unbricker of some sort?

10. marlino23

marlino23 Regular member

he probly got another mobo mrmcman or he gets his hands on a jigkick or some local shop that can unbrick or something.

11. mrmcman

mrmcman Guest

12. marlino23

marlino23 Regular member

HAHA i luv ur name. yo is it possible for you to keep count of how many people actually click HERE!!!haha noobs :)

Last edited: Jul 23, 2007
  13. mrmcman

mrmcman Guest

lol no. i should find a way tho, thatd be funny :p

14. marlino23

marlino23 Regular member

yea, yo u watching raw tonight, i know this is unrelated but :)

15. mrmcman

mrmcman Guest

nah, ima watch the highlights in the mornin. if i miss that, someonell tell me wat happened

16. marlino23

marlino23 Regular member

aight, it got boring now a days in my opinion anyways, WTF WAS UP WID BENOIT!!!!!!!!!

17. burnin1

burnin1 Regular member

cool playin Battlefield 2142 and Lord of rings online. XD

18. marlino23

marlino23 Regular member

good to hear, so you downgraded and upgraded to which fw??

19. mrmcman

mrmcman Guest

lol i no!

20. burnin1

burnin1 Regular member

He was giving his son growth hormones on top of doing steroids. Thats messed up yo