1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What's the problem: my ps2 or the backup?

Discussion in 'PS2' started by Ray21, Feb 6, 2005.

1. Ray21

Ray21 Member

I have a version 7 PS2, i burn @ 2x using Dvd Decrypter. I have backed up over 40+ games using a combination of Ridata and BenQ DVD+R. And they all work great.

However, my problem is that there were a couple of games (NHL 2005, Dragonball Budokai 3 and suikoden IV) where the loading times were EXTREMELY slow, or sometimes jus freezing at certain points. The weird thing is, i kept trying these games and these problems kept occuring. Being the stubborn fool that i am, i just kept trying...and now the games work PERFECTLY fine (haven't had any trouble lately). Two of these games were on Ridata while the other was on a BenQ.

I understand if there was freezing, or slow load times... b/c stuff like that just happens. What i am curious is why did the problems all of a sudden go away? Was it my ps2? lens maybe? or something to do w/ the DVD??

Any response will be appreciated. Thanks

Last edited: Feb 6, 2005
  2. puma

puma Member

hello mate ive backed up useing the same ridata discs and had no problems but every now and then it seeems to freeze up i personaly have just stoped,and shut down made a brew and returned to no problems may be it was just getting hot in the tower ? that's what ive always thought hope it might put your mind a little at ease john..........

3. puma

puma Member

RAY 21 have you got or tried games x copy from 321 studios
    they have closed services now but you can get it on a p2p site or if you want i can post it to you it works every time for me and its pretty quick never had a problem backing up any game

4. geestar20

geestar20 Active member

games x copy is a joke, why would you even waste your downloading expeirience with that.

Just stick with decrypter.

Maybe you had some boogers on the lens or maybe not enough ventalation going through,

5. puma

puma Member

i have always been lucky with games x copy only for playstation games thow

6. geestar20

geestar20 Active member

if aint broke then dont fix it.

7. puma

puma Member

thats true i see your a senior member do you ever swap full games on messenger iso zipped

8. puma

puma Member

geestar are you intrested in swapping full iso files on messenger ps2games

9. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

puma if you're interested in getting banned then keep asking folks to trade pirated material. There's a link to the forum rules in my sig - read them.