1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What's the problem with 3.52 M33-4?

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by cobba, Sep 22, 2007.

1. cobba

cobba Member

I should have never upgraded to it,some iso's won't work,really pissed of.I've noticed that others have had this problem,I would like to go back to 3.40 oe-a,please tell me i still can if so where can I find the easy installer. Thanks

2. sicdude

sicdude Regular member

in what way don't the isos work,i have 3.52m33-4 and it is flawless

Last edited: Sep 23, 2007
  3. larrylje

larrylje Active member

There is nothing wrong with 3.52 M33-4.

The problem is you. You either didn't install it correctly or don't have some settings correct.

Folow this small guide below to see if you can get the ISO files working properly.

Here are a few things you can try.

Make sure the title of the ISO/CSO is short.

Example:

Correct -- Fifa07.iso
    Not Correct -- FIFA-07-[PSP][EUR][www.torrent site.com].iso

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Now right click on the ISO/CSO file and choose Properties. Make sure the Read Only and Hidden box is unchecked and the Archive Box is checked.

Go into recovery mode (Hold R shoulder button down while turning on PSP)

Now go to configuration then to UMD MODE and keep pressing X till you see Sony NP9660 NO UMD.

When it is set to the above setting go to BACK and press X.

Now go to ADVANCED and press X.

Go to ADVANCED CONFIGURATION and press X.

Make sure all the settings here are disabled.

Now EXIT out of recovery.

Now try the ISO/CSO.

---------------------------------------------------

If you still have issues then try downgrading to 1.50 then back up to 3.52 M33-4. (If you went from OE to M33 some have had issues updating this way. Try going down to 1.50 then back up to 3.52 M33-4)

Here are the steps...

First off make sure your PSP is plugged in to the AC Adapter. Keep your PSP plugged in the whole time you are doing these steps.

The PSP also needs to have a battery charge level of 75% or higher. To check the Battery level go to your system settings then battery information. It will give you the % level there. If it is lower then 75% turn off the PSP and let it charge till it is over 75% (I would recomend charging it to 100$)

Now it is time to downgrade to 1.50

Format your memory Stick using PSP system settings.

Download this RECOVERY file.

Extract the file which will extract a RECOVERY folder. Now connect the PSP to PC via USB. Place the RECOVERY folder in the /PSP/GAME folder of the PSP Memory Stick.

Now go to recovery menu.

Do this by turning off the PSP. Hold the power button up till the power led turns off. Now hold the R shoulder button down and keep it down while turning the PSP on.

The Recovery menu should come up. When it does select the option "RUN PROGRAM AT /PSP/GAME/RECOVERY/EBOOT.PBP follow the on screen instructions and it will downgrade your PSP back to 1.50 firmware (After it downgrades you might get a blue screen with a bunch of text. If you get this screen just hit O and the PSP will reboot and you will need to enter your settings).

Go to the System Settings then system information and make sure it says 1.50 before continuing below.

If it says 1.50 then you can start the steps below. If it doesn't then you did something incorrect so try the steps above again.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Time to update to 3.52 M33 then 3.52 M33-4

Format the Memory Stick using system settings.

Download the 3.52 M33 CFW linked below. (I have placed all needed files in this download)

3.52 M33 HERE

Extract the file which will extract a UPGRADE_FILES folder. Inside this folder is kxploitpatcher, kxploitpatcher% and M33CREATOR.

Copy the M33CREATOR, kxploitpatcher and kxploitpatcher% folders to the PSP/GAME folder.

Go to Game Menu Memory Stick and run the KXploit Permanent Patcher (There will be a corrupt data file also here but ignore it because It is normal). It should run and say patched successfully and reboot back to the XMB(PSP menu).

Now go to game Menu Memory Stick and run the M33CREATOR.

When you run the M33CREATOR it will show parsing 150 writing 150 then parsing 352 writing 352 something like that. When it is done it should reboot back to the XMB.

Now go to Game Menu Memory Stick and run the 3.52 M33 UPDATE that the M33CREATOR created. It will flash the files to the PSP when it is finished it will say press X to shutdown. Go ahead and press X after the PSP turns off turn it back on and go to system settings then system information and check to see if your at 3.52 M33 firmware. If you are then do the below steps. If you are not then you did something wrong and need to redo the steps above.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If your at 3.52 M33 reformat the Memory Stick again.

Download the below 3.52 M33-4 update.

3.52 M33-4 HERE

Now extract the 3.52 M33-4 update.

Drag the PSP folder that is in the M33-4 update you just extracted, into the root of the Memory Stick (Don't confuse the MP_ROOT as the root of the Memory Stick. The root is the directory that has the ISO/MP_ROOT/PSP folder).

If you do it correctly it should ask to overwrite files. Choose YES TO ALL when it does. If it doesn't ask to overwrite files then you did it wrong. Format the memory Stick again and drag the PSP folder over to the root till it ask to overwrite.

If it asks to overwrite then you can proceed to the Game Menu Memory Stick and run the M33-4 update. This will only take a few seconds to do.

When it is done it will say press X to shut down. When it shuts down turn the PSP back on and go to system settings then system information and check to see if it says 3.52 M33-4.

If it doesn't say that then redo the steps above again. If it does say it then reformat the Memory Stick 1 more time.

You are now updated to 3.52 M33-4.

4. cobba

cobba Member

I appreciate your help and I'll try those things' but the fact is that there should not be any problems at all' I mean why is it called a upgrade?I've tryed the iso in qeastion on my son's psp witch has 3.40 oe-a and not a problem.If those things you mentioned don't work can i go back to 3.40?

5. sicdude

sicdude Regular member

you can yes you will need 150 recovery folder but all those things that larry mentioned should work,as i said 3.52m33-4 is flawless i used both 3.40oe and 3.52m33-4,and 3.52m33-4 wins my vote everytime,its called an upgrade because thats exactly what it is 3.52m33-4 has a built in umd ripper and a better no umd needed option it's not the firmwares fault if you have settings wrong,and how long will it take to rename an iso to a shorter name

6. larrylje

larrylje Active member

As I said there is no problem with 3.52 M33-4. You have somehow screwed up the install or have an issue with 1 of the settings.

If you want to go to 3.40 OE-A just use the above recovery folder to downgrade to 1.50 then upgrade back to 3.40 Oe-A.

But I would suggest downgrading to 1.50 then upgrading to 3.52 M33-4 if the above suggestions don't work for you.

What ISO is it?

7. cobba

cobba Member

O.K larrylje your a genius,thats all that it was making the name smaller, ye I've had this problem about a year ago just could not remember thanks for that.Just wandering does any one know when wipeout pulse is coming out.

8. sicdude

sicdude Regular member

i got that months ago it was a promo but it's the full game have a look on google for it,its a good game

9. smoodiddy

smoodiddy Member

Hey, i'm having problem getting the recovery file, is it possible to have another link?? thanks

10. larrylje

larrylje Active member

keep trying the above link. It works fine but sometimes the bandwidth for unregistered users is to high.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2007
  11. rockdive

rockdive Guest

whoa ... really impossible to get the file (RECOVERY) .... doesn't seem to work after trying for hours ...

any other sources anyone?

12. mdsn

mdsn Regular member

try THIS

13. Shokz

Shokz Regular member

No, the Promo was only the first three tiers if i remember correctly...

The real game will have slightly more polished visuals, about four times the amount of tracks, access to all the places that were blocked off in the Promo, and all the tiers (Not sure how many in total)

It should be out in november i think.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2007
  14. sicdude

sicdude Regular member

nah the one i got was a full game there were alot more than 3 tiers

15. Shokz

Shokz Regular member

Really? How long ago was that, i've seen two versions, but both with three tiers, about eight-ten races in each (Or something like that)

16. sicdude

sicdude Regular member

round about july i got it from that site where you need to be a member lol,it's a good game but it does get boring after a bit

17. Endscrypt

Endscrypt Member

Got to agree 3.52 M33 Is basicaly flawless ,I loved 3.40 oe aswell it was great CW.But M33 is that bit more tweaked and with the ability to use sonys iso prog every iso seems to run without a disk in the machine.Which is great as it saves batt,something 3.40 could do but not with every game.And also i like the way you can enter the menu from the homepage by pressing home funnily enough,If you cant get thing together and want to D/G back to 3.40 oe contact me at endscrypt@btinternet for the files needed to easily complete the D/G back to 3.40 oe o old have to go down to 1.5 then up to 3.40 oe

18. sicdude

sicdude Regular member

it's against forum rules to post email addresses,
    i believe larrylje as already posted a link for the reovery files needed

Last edited: Oct 3, 2007
  19. pdogz

pdogz Member

yeah, i did all larrylje said.. i think but my system information is showing 3.52 m33-4, i guess the update was installed correctly then, but i also want to know wot the recovery menu options should look like, because really non of my isos' are working, and i was wondering whether may it may be the cord i'm using or wot... only the football manager 2007 works (57mb)all others dont

20. larrylje

larrylje Active member

As I stated above make sure you do the below. It tells you how to go into recovery mode...

Make sure the title of the ISO/CSO is short.

Example:

Correct -- Fifa07.iso
    Not Correct -- FIFA-07-[PSP][EUR][www.torrent site.com].iso

Now right click on the ISO/CSO file and choose Properties. Make sure the Read Only and Hidden box is unchecked and the Archive Box is checked.

Go into recovery mode (Hold R shoulder button down while turning on PSP)

Now go to configuration then to UMD MODE and keep pressing X till you see Sony NP9660 NO UMD.

When it is set to the above setting go to BACK and press X.

Now go to ADVANCED and press X.

Go to ADVANCED CONFIGURATION and press X.

Make sure all the settings here are disabled.

Now EXIT out of recovery.

Now try the ISO/CSO.