1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What's the problem?

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by TY4ever, Feb 8, 2007.

1. TY4ever

TY4ever Regular member

Hi guys!I've been reading quite a lot of stuffs here about how to burn xbox360 games and now i'm stuck at my first burn.I know it sounds stupid but how can i know how my xbox360 is modded,i mean by modchip or by flashed firmware?Because i got mine premodded in Asia and the guy there said that it comes with a modchip,but that i can't really trust his words because i know that the cheapest and easiest thing is just to flash the firmware.I really want to avoid opening my xbox because i'm a big zero in that,the only thing i know about is that i have the hitachi drive.

The problem i'm getting is that when i insert the burned disc into my xbox,it says "cannot read the disc....,clean the disc with a dry cloth and restart.....something like that".I think i'm doing well in the extracting and burning process because i've followed the guides here word by word,after extracting one of the rar files,i get two files,one dvd file and one iso file,which means if i'm right that the game is already patched because it already contains a dvd file(in the nfo it didn't state whether it's already patched),so i just load the dvd file and burn at 2.4x using clonecd.

By th eway the game i was trying to burn is a region free one,my xbox360 is NTSC J version.But is the process same for an xbox360 which which has a modchip and one which has a flashed firmware?

Or the message i'm getting could be bad media,because i hate to say this but where i am from,we don't have verbatim dual layer discs(it's a shame),though i use only TY verbatim for single layer(bought a lot while i was abroad but stupid i was not to but DL ones).The one i burn has RICOHJPN as manufacturer ID and another one is melody(CMC Mag).So could it be the media?The strange thing is that i saw some people buying a lot of these RICOHJPN DL medias to burn 360 games and i don't know how it works for them.

I know it's a very long post but please be understandable.

Thanks.

Vincent.

2. chushajo

chushajo Member

As far as I now there are no modchips for the 360. The only way to play backups is to have it flashed.

3. JThomas05

JThomas05 Guest

hmm, there are two modchips for 360, and i dont think it would be the media, but it might, i use crappy media and all of my burns are fine, but you might try using xbox backup creator, thats what i use for every single game, and i have ZERO coasters

4. TY4ever

TY4ever Regular member

Thanks for the reply JThomas05.And how exactly does that xbox backup creator works?Today i've just tried another method using NME-associator and converted my existing iso,just in case if my xbox does have the NME chip,the conversion went well and i used Imageburn as advised by the NME tutorial,but the result was same,i got that same message "clean the disc with a soft cloth.restart the console".Actually it's very frustrating for me because it's my 5th coaster in a row and no success at all.I'm kind of discouraged and really i don't understand what may be i'm not doing well.

So any suggestion is the most welcomed.

Thanks.
    vincent.

5. JThomas05

JThomas05 Guest

xbox backup creator just extracts the iso and .dvd file and patches everything for you when you dump the game from your drive, if your burning a game that was downloaded then it should have been patched already, if so just click the write tab on xbox backup creator, and then put your dual layer dvd in and click write and pick your .dvd file and burn it at 2.4X and put the game in and enjoy