1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What's the status on jailbreaking PS3s on 4.25 firmware?

Discussion in 'PS3 - Modding & Hacking' started by Mik3h, Feb 1, 2013.

1. Mik3h

Mik3h Regular member

Hi guys

Been out of the PS3 modding scene for a while. Got my minimus AVR here and wondering if it's still possible to jailbreak PS3s running the latest firmware (which I'm guessing at time of writing is 4.25?)

Thanks.
  2. AfterDawn

AfterDawn Advertisement

3. Cyprien

Cyprien Active member

well.... if you still are on 3.55 you can just update to a more recent cfw 4.21 or 4.3x... i think you can use the avr to downgrade ps3 units... given you use the proper hex file and program the avr with FLIP... other than that you cant JB new models(3k 4k) read about these and see what fits you more

rogero
    http://www.tortuga-cove.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=127&t=4336

rebug
    http://rebug.me/category/rebug-firmware/

another thing is if you have 4.25 and have anything older or 25xx model you can downgrade using a flasher...
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2013
  4. s1kk

s1kk Member

Quick question that deals with the same topic. Is there any reason to stay on 3.55 over updating to play the new games? I'm on 3.55 and just wondering if I'll lose anything by updating to one of the two you mentioned above. Last I heard (months ago) was that all the latest keys had been unlocked and patches for all the games will be available, which I've noticed seems to be true. I'd assume I'd need new patches for my old games I have working on 3.55 now if I were to update?