1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Whats up with all this spam?

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by RIARA, Oct 6, 2012.

1. RIARA

RIARA Regular member

What is the deal with all this spam that is being posted up in this forum? It is really annoying and difficult to find answers for what we are looking for. Can any of the Mods look into and delete all these annoying posts?

2. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

being doing it since 11:30 this morning. i think i have or will have deleted over a 1000 posts today.

3. RIARA

RIARA Regular member

damn, this really sucks. makes so hard to find anything. thanx for the quick reply.

4. ddp

it is clean for now or a few minutes which ever last longest.

5. ps355528

ps355528 Regular member

sql injection.. they will be back.. that was probably batch one of a few attacks now the person running it has the database table names and layouts..

that script I threw back had a sting if the bot had the "quote reply in email" box ticked as it appeared to be.. little message from a hacker to a script kiddie :) .. especially as that one was mine, not his.. except for the settings and payload XD

thats my 30 minutes good deed for the day done.. coffee and film time.. night all xxxxxx

Last edited: Oct 6, 2012
  6. ddp

sent drd a pm about your post on that script.

7. Ketola

Ketola Fighting ninjas Staff Member

There's no SQL injection. Just hordes of spam getting through spam checks and blocks. Logs confirm that the posts are made through regular sign up, activate, post chain. They were posting links because the "no links for newbies" restriction was lifted months ago..

Sorry about all the spam. Doing our best to fight it and prevent further attacks with IP blocks etc.