1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What's up with DVDClone2??

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by vampyre10, Jan 10, 2005.

1. vampyre10

vampyre10 Member

I kept reading about how great DVDClone2 is so I finally got it. Now I realize it wont backup andy copy protected DVDs! You have to encode them with a program like DVDDecrypter first. What good is this? Most people like DVDClone2 because it is much faster than DVDshrink but how can that be if DVDDecrypter takes 30 minutes anyway?
    Am I missing something?

2. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

CloneDVD2 does not decrypt as you stated. It is made to work with AnyDVD which is the decrypter and actually runs in the background so you don't know its even there. Anydvd will also work with Nero Recode and could be run along with Shrink to help with the few movies Shrink has problems with. CloneDVD working with Anydvd will let you edit a dvd like in Shrink but keep all menus working completely. Clone also can burn he dvd where as Shrink needs Nero or Decrypter to finish the burnback. It really is quite a good program but if you had read about it first you would have noticed it needs a decrypter.

Jerry