1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What's up with Gamecube emulators?

Discussion in 'Nintendo Gamecube - General discussion' started by homedog, Nov 19, 2004.

1. homedog

homedog Member

Hey,ok i won't ask about illeagal files again.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2004
  2. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

Listen, bud. Asking for illegal files on a forum is forbidden, and whilst i do know where you could find such files, it is not what to discuss in a forum. ANother point, Gamecube isos are not emulators.

An emulator is a program that mimicks the actions of a games console on a pc. As far as I knew there were very few Emulators for the Gamecube as a 128-bit processor is very hard to mimick. The iso is the file either an advanced emulator would read or a file to make a copy of the disc. The gamecube using 8cm discs, however, renders that difficult too. So, in short, a) don't bother trying and b) don't ask for illegal material like that on this forum again.

Hey, this is a friendly warning. You may find yourself removed from the forums if you repeat that, so watch it!!

3. SadJoker

SadJoker Regular member

and dont forget most Emulators have difficulty playing back Retail games.. emulators werent designed for use a bootleg gaming setup..

4. Clete2

Clete2 Member

Last year, in the USA, there was a ruling that ROMs are legal as long as you own the game. No matter what Nintendo says (their site still says illegal), it's law that they are legal.

5. Maryela3

Maryela3 Guest

wn to ask for somethin PM me
    Maria =)

6. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

Yes they are legal if you own the game, but there is no real reason to download games for current consoles if they own the original game...