1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Whats wrong with fake memory sticks?

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Homebrew software' started by jnbean, Jun 26, 2007.

1. jnbean

jnbean Member

I see alot of talk about fake memory cards....my question is Do they work or what?

2. algtz1

algtz1 Regular member

It's a crap shoot some do and some don't and the extend to how much they work varies too. For Example I have a 4gig Lexar Card I got from Frys.com for a great price. It plays ISO, video and music fine. But any PSX and and some GBA emulation doesn't work. So now I just use that card specifically for isos only.

3. jnbean

jnbean Member

K Thank You

4. drakex

drakex Regular member

5. smlvfx

smlvfx Regular member

avoid buying from ebay , fake memory sticks have slower writing and reading speed ( when they work), and you dont have to buy sony memory sticks, sandisk memory sticks are very good and have better prices

Last edited: Jun 27, 2007
  6. aznsteve

aznsteve Member

i have 6 x 2gig fake memorysticks that i got off ebay.. they were cheaps as chips..

all the games load up fine, music plays fine, videos play fine..

as for the reading and writing that doesnt bother me one bit.. for the amount ive saved in not buying an original one its a small price to pay for waiting a few minutes more.

ive had 3 of them well over a year.. the other 3 were purchased 6months ago .. they are all still going strong, even in my digital camera and mobile phone..

7. algtz1

algtz1 Regular member

Circuit City has the Sandisk 4 gig MS on sale this week for $49.99 US only. I bought one of these last time they were on sale and they work great. No complaints especially for the price.

8. dEEz_nUtz

dEEz_nUtz Regular member

usually the only gripe about the fake memory sticks is the amount of data they hold-generally, a fake 2 gig's capacity would be around 1400MB or so of usable space-also the read/write time is a bit slower as mentioned earlier, but I guess if it works for you then by all means....I have a fake 2 gig and its capacity is 1978MB-check out that link posted above about how to tell the difference-good information there!

Last edited: Jun 27, 2007
  9. drakex

drakex Regular member

I bought one, still waiting for it to appear on my PO Box... darng!