1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Whats wrong with my computer???

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by jnbean, Jul 13, 2007.

1. jnbean

jnbean Member

I have a computer far more able to run the games i run on itself, 2.4 Ghz, 384 Mb Ram, A 124Mb Nvidia GeForce Fx Video card, newest DirectX, and when I run certian games they run crappy....it will run fine and after a minute it will freeze up for about 30 seconds...happends to games like doom 3, Warcraft 3, GTA III, GTA Vice city, AND EVEN STARCRAFT BROODWAR!! But there are other games that dont have this problem for me such as Sims 2, Sims 2:pets, Empire Earth.....what is causing this problem? and how can i fix it?

2. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

You don't have anywhere near enough RAM, you need 1GB to play Doom 3 properly, but some of those games shouldn't be affected by that, you've updated your graphics drivers?
    (Which Geforce FX is it by the way?)

3. jnbean

jnbean Member

I have played doom 3 on this exact system before while running itunes so im sure doom 3 runs fine, and i use a Nvidia GeForce FX 5200....but dosnt explain why it dose it to warcraft 3...........went to nvidias website and had them do a automatic detect thing for my video card and i downloaded the driver but when i load it, it says something like Cannot find any drivers for this video card.

4. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

Go through the system the old fashioned way, see if you can find a driver that way, if no luck, try downloading an omega driver.