1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Whats wrong with my Psp?

Discussion in 'Sony Handhelds' started by jendrin, Mar 4, 2007.

1. jendrin

jendrin Member

When i was playing, my psp froze!whatever button i press it doesnt respond. so i took out the battery and put it again but it wont start anymore.even when i plug it to the adapter w/o the battery still it wont turn on.(no lights no aythng. it isnt brick bec. i only play UMD's and use Sony firmware)But after 3days of resting it, i tested it again and it turned on!! but when i turned it off, i wont turn on again!!=( what do you thnk is my psp's problem?i aldrdy tried Sony's service center but they are asking me for $250!!(a new Psp here cost $200)Im in the Philippines btw..help pls..

2. hotmix6

hotmix6 Member

Im sorry to break it to you but it sounds like it has turned in to a brick!!!!!!

3. jendrin

jendrin Member

it's not brick=.= do you know what even brick means?
    it still turns on and i can still play my games but after 3-5days of resting it and after i turn it off it wont turn on again. dont use words that youre not familiar with ok?

4. stagass

stagass Regular member

m8 relax!kno1 wants to harm u.just an idea:could a recovery do sth(u know..with the recovery folder)?(just tryin to help don't bite me).btw i know!!bricks are used to built walls etc.

5. ukgtitch

ukgtitch Member

Just do a recovery, it seems like there is something interferring along the line.

6. jendrin

jendrin Member

how do you do a recovery?

7. chris0101

chris0101 Guest

after having a go at that guy about a brink and terms he didnt know how to use.. you dont know how to do a recovery...

look it up book worm!

8. sinsaint

sinsaint Guest

1.I think this guy is not using custom firmware.
    2.The only common way to brick a psp is by flashing it.
    3. pleaqse explain more clearly as their doesnt seem to be enough detail in what you are saying.

9. paul91

paul91 Regular member

it clearly says in the first post that he uses only sony firmware so recovery is not an option

10. xilicon

xilicon Member

If the psp isn't hacked then the warranty should still be valid and this sounds like a manufacturing issue so Sony Service should replace it for free or try returning it. Another issue could be the battery or the actual physical power button not working. If Sony was willing to charge you they should tell you what's wrong with it. If you haven't messed with the firmware or anything as you claim - send the thing back.

by the way, if you can't play it - it's as good as a brick!

11. jendrin

jendrin Member

Here's the thing, Sony service center told me that they have to replace my motherboard w/ TA-082 one that cost $250 iclusive of labor!that's really a pissed off. I can play games without any error (UMD's) when my Psp turns on(which is only after i rest it for 3-4 days. When it does turn on and i tried charging the battery, the red button lights up indicating it is charging, but when i check the sytem setting after 10mins, battery is still 0%. Is my battery damaged too?but moreover, my Psp is not brick and i can play but after playing it for too long or after i turn it off it woudn't turn on until i rested it. What can possibly be its problem? Bec. i think changing the whole motherboard is absurd.Help pls..

12. Dinner

Dinner Regular member

Relax ok?
    You asked, and he answered you.
    Don't try to be our pop!
    Just let us answer you or get lost and try another forum

13. jendrin

jendrin Member

yea i know and i'm sorry cause im really very piss off of what happened to my cousin's Psp. i just borrowed it and now i can't even tell him the reason why it doesn't turn on anymore!!

14. Dinner

Dinner Regular member

I understand.

I really can't help you. I don't know why your PSP is failing, but I hope you can solve the problem.

Cheers

15. jendrin

jendrin Member

thx..help pls=(

16. jendrin

jendrin Member

just a minute ago, my Psp turned on again!but when i was about to set the date,the controls freezes again!but i still see the cursor on the date blinking.only the controls are not working but the psp itself is still running. that is what my observation tells me.is what i am saying is right?now after i turned it off, it wont turn on again..ill just have to wait a few more days..sigh..need help..

17. Dinner

Dinner Regular member

You saying you're borrowing the PSP from your little cousin right?

If he still is a kid, I guess he's not good to take care of his PSP.
    I know some bunch of kids who don't know how to treat their PSP correctly.

Their PSP is all fukd up.

18. jendrin

jendrin Member

Your aboslutely right dinner. I don't want to give it back yet to my cosuin because when i do he'll just gonna place it in his closet let it rot or until his little brother took it and drop it again for the nth time. I really care for this things especially if there real owner doesn't know how to appreciate it..=( i hope sum1 could help me or at least explain to me what could be the probable cause of this problem.thnk you and im gonna sleep now..til 2mrw..

19. Dinner

Dinner Regular member

w

Last edited: Mar 6, 2007
  20. Dinner

Dinner Regular member

Weel. There are many ways to damage your PSP.

Dropping it and water it (you know.) That was physical damage. Hehe

Other ways to damage it would be like remove the battery while the PSP still is on, take out the UMD disc while in the game, shut down the PSP while in a game. (You need to go home before you shut down the PSP)

And my favourite: cancel an update

Goodnight BTW ;)

Last edited: Mar 6, 2007