1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What's wrong with this Swap Magic?!?

Discussion in 'PS2' started by OuTbReAK, Mar 1, 2005.

1. OuTbReAK

OuTbReAK Member

I installed the flip top on my friends' v4 ps2 w/ swap magic 2.0 a while ago. I burned him a copy of a backup game I had using the option "Copy DVD" on the latest nero version program. I ran a test to make sure it worked and it did on my ps2, but my friend said it didn't work on his? Why is this? I'm pretty sure you can make a direct copy of a backup game.

Please note: I also have the same ps2 v4 w/ swap magic 2.0

2. JRoland

JRoland Member

You can make a copy of a backup. Though I think that's illegal....

But, assuming you're making a backup of a game your friend already owns, I would first rip the image off of the disc onto your Hard Drive and then try burning it onto a blank DVD-R disc at 2x max speed. Also, what type of media are you using? Brand wise. Is it the same that has worked for you?

Oh, and on a side note, you may be better off ripping with DVD Decrypter and then burning with NERO. I do exactly that only I burn with Alcohol 120% instead of Nero.

Good Luck

3. OuTbReAK

OuTbReAK Member

To clarify, his original copy did get scratched up, so being a friend i made him a copy of mine. But why does it depend on what program you use? I mean it's just burning a image to a disc isn't it? Does Alcohol 120 do something Nero doesn't?

4. OuTbReAK

OuTbReAK Member

Oh btw, I am using CompUSA brand dvd-r's. I always burn at 1x. They have been working great for me.

5. steimy

steimy Active member

Not sure why the program matters but i do know that just about everybody here, including myself, use DVD Decrypter to make their back up's. And it is best to copy the disc to your hard drive as mentioned above and then to the disc. You can do all of that with DVD Decrypter and do not need to use seperate programs. Just do the ISO read to hard drive, Then the ISO write to the disc. Same as you would with The original you backed up, it should be just fine.

6. OuTbReAK

OuTbReAK Member

Alright, i'll give that a try, thanks guys.

7. JRoland

JRoland Member

Hey Outbreak, I'm with you on the whole software thing, but I myself made coasters on 3 DVDs out of 5 by using DVD Decrypter to READ and WRITE my image. However, since using DVD Decypter to only READ and A120% to WRITE, I am 4 for 4!

Good luck

8. dragulaAC

dragulaAC Active member

I use Dvd Decrpyter to read/burn and never have a problem. As for your dvd's i'm not sure how high of quality CompUSA's dvdr's are. If nothing else works, i would suggest getting some Philips, HP, Fuji, or Verbatim (datalife plus) media and go from there.

9. Wallyman

Wallyman Member

I switched to good TY media, and all my problems went away with SM3.3 backups.. I was using cheapo Comp-USA +R and -R and both resulted in terrible load times and overall crap performance.

Get better media, you'll probably see an improvement.

Wallyman

10. Ofnir1

Ofnir1 Regular member

Plain Verbatim DVD-R's works too. Good load time, good performance, good brand.