1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What's your favorite mod chip?

Discussion in 'PS2' started by Scudly, Dec 6, 2004.

1. Scudly

Scudly Member

Hi everybody. Just wondering what everyone's favorite solder mod chip is. I'm looking to get one for my boyfriend's PS2 (v1.2).

Also, will older-version mod chips play the newest games out there?

Last edited: Dec 6, 2004
  2. hursty

hursty Active member

matrix infinity is a good mod chip,although messiah is also very good,i have messiah 2 fitted,never had any problems.messiah will play any game,as will matrix.older,cheaper chips will only play cdr formats and not dvd's.most backups are produced on dvd these days so stick to messiah or the matrix.

3. benagain

benagain Regular member

yea, I'm wondering what *cheap* chips you are talking about that won't play dvd backups? I got a Magic 3.1 for like $20. Pretty damn cheap, but it will play any game I throw at it. Not to mention it was very very simple to install compared to other chips. I'm not saying that the messiah chips are bad, they're excellent chips and I've heard a lot fo good things about them, but for all those people working on a budget, cheap chips will work just fine. Refer to the chart at the top of the forum for more info on particular chips.

4. hursty

hursty Active member

cheap chips refers to OLDER chips like the neo 2.2,which cannot boot DVD.

5. tolu515

tolu515 Guest

Get a DMS4 Lite/Pro or Matrix Infintiy.