1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

whats your favorite movie .........?

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by wonderboy, Nov 5, 2002.

1. wonderboy

wonderboy Guest

I dont have a favorite but I do have foavorites for different situatuions and genres..I like the Matrix when you have a nice 5.1 digital surround sound system that you can play loud hear every punch, bullet, and explosion. Comedy one of my favorites is Happy Gilmore (Adam Sandler). Of course there is my chic flick pick...kate and leopold is a very good chic flick......

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 5, 2002
  2. dali

dali Member

2001, a Space Odyssey, (for me) the best movie ever done by far, followed by Citizen Kane, Blade Runner and Ran.

3. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

My favourite movie of all time is ofcoarse "Silence Of The Lambs"

4. dali

dali Member

Nice pic. I also liked it. And they could just leave it like that. There was no need of a sequel, not talking about the absolute crap it was (I'm talking about "Hannibal", of course. I haven't watched "Red Dragon" yet). But, money is money...

5. Dela

Ye hannibal was terrible wasnt it! Red Dragon is excellent but still nothin compared to silence of the lambs

6. dali

dali Member

In Hannibal, they changed the final of the book. In the book it was weird, an absolutely stupid ending, but in the movie it got even much worse. But one thing is for sure: Next time I see Ray Liotta, I'll imagine him with his skull opened up X-)

It's a pity how Ridley Scott is getting a worse director day after day... It sounds incredible, but the director of Alien, Blade Runner, The Duellists, Legend, Thelma and Louise, Black Rain, and so on, is the same one behind G.I Jane, Black Hawk Down, 1492, Hannibal... :(

And, am I the only one who thinks that Gladiator is not such a great movie?

Hope I'll be seeng Red Dragon soon, when I have the time to. Then I'll tell you :)

7. dali

dali Member

Red Dragon seen, at last. And liked it. If some of you disliked, or even hated "Hannibal", don't be afraid. You can safely try this one. Much better by far.

8. Dela

Oh definetly. Couldn't agree with you more!

9. bang

bang Member

BLADE RUNNER!
    But also recommend Dark City (which Matrix stole its story from) and Blood : The Last Vampire (only problem Blood is very short 46min)

10. Dela

Brand New Favourite Movie guys!!

8 Mile

Saw it last night and never thought it would be so good. Even if you hate eminem or rap in general, trust me, you will be surprised how much you enjoy this masterpiece!

11. Easycola

Easycola Regular member

Few favorites:
    Das Boot - U96
    Memento
    Come and See
    ...and lots of others...

12. VCDjunkie

VCDjunkie Moderator Staff Member

hands down, the matrix all the way. Can't wait for THE MATRIX: RELOADED and THE MATRIX: REVOLUTIONS to come out 2003.

13. Dela

The Matrix was cool but i think it lost what i liked about it around the 100th time i saw it!

14. dali

dali Member

Let's summarize :)

VCDJunkie: What do you think about the screenplay-rip-off Bang was talking about somewhere above? }:)

Bang: Dark City is a nice one for real, but Blade Runner really kicks ass (Director's cut, please!)

Dela: I hope to be watching 8 Mile soon. I don't like Eminem, but I'm quite sure that I'll love the movie. I heard Eminem's performance is surprisingly amazing... And Curtis Hanson is a great director (L.A. Confidential, a must-see!). Have you visited the website? It worthes a glance: http://www.8-mile.com

15. Dela

Ye I've seen the site, tis pretty cool. As for eminem's performane as an actor, he surprised a helluva lot of ppl!

16. VCDjunkie

matrix = dark city remake?

Don't think so .. the idea that you have the human race fooled into thinking that they are living a life that they are not, this is true.. but other than that, they are not even closely related.. Matrix has ppl plugged into machines, Dark city is like a big hallucination.. plus Matrix is full of action and Dark City is just plain boring, I have to say that Dark City was very well thought up, but not quite the genius that was put into the story line of the Matrix.. Sorry, you don't have me convinced.

17. Dela

I'd definetly prefer the matrix!

18. VCDjunkie

Right on Dela!

19. wonderboy

wonderboy Guest

Raises hand matrix......yeah dela 8 mile was good and I liked the ending which almost all of my friends didnt get ....

20. dali

dali Member

The plot of The Matrix is pretty similar to Dark City's, but not that much, you're right, VCD. In fact, I enjoyed a lot watching The Matrix. All I say is that it's not such an original thing. Not talking about the script, the way in which the action scenes are performed was being done in Hong Kong movies for years before The Matrix was even thought of. Big jumps, slow motion, and so on. Great movie, but not a 7th art masterpiece like many other science-fiction ones: 2001, Blade Runner, Alien, Total Recall, and, more recently, Spielberg's AI and Minority Report.

PS: Please, please, don't tell anything else about the ending of 8 mile O:)