1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What's Your Favorite Video Game?

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by jason18, Dec 5, 2004.

1. jason18

jason18 Guest

Hey everybody,

I recently caught a few ads on Spike TV for their upcoming Video Game Awards (it airs Dec. 14th but I'm not sure what time, check out their website if you want) and thought to start this thread to see who everyone thinks should win the award for game of the year. Maybe we could tally up the replies here and then compare them to which game actually wins that night? It might be cool too to send these results to Spike TV after we're done, especially if our favorites aren't on their list. So I'm going to dig around and try to find a way to contact them too.

Here's this year's choices from Spike's website (if you don't agree, just put down your favorite):

Burnout 3: Takedown (Electronic Arts)
    Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas (Rockstar Games)
    Half-Life 2 (Vivendi Universal Games)
    Halo 2 (Microsoft Game Studios)
    Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater (Konami)

Also, what's your all-time favorite? (I'm predicting Super Mario Brothers and CS will top the list here.)

Thanks everyone and I'll keep you posted on who wins in case you won't catch it.

Jason

2. -=(-_-)=-

-=(-_-)=- Guest

Ya I've seen stuff for that spike thing and I think that the best game is one of the 2's (either Half-Life2 or Halo2) i can't disside.

3. SoufSide

SoufSide Guest

I think Doom 3 belongs on that list. Out of those games list its hard to say wich will win, I would prob lean towards Halo2 but GTA San Andreas will give it a run for its money. As for favorite game all time.......Half Life(I have yet to play HL2) and Final Fantasy 7 on the PS.

4. SoufSide

SoufSide Guest

I think Doom 3 belongs on that list. Out of those games list its hard to say wich will win, I would prob lean towards Halo2 but GTA San Andreas will give it a run for its money. As for favorite game all time.......Half Life(I have yet to play HL2) and Final Fantasy 7 on the PS.

[​IMG]

5. hd517

hd517 Member

dude, Metal Gear Solid 3 is way too awesome. the story is starting to piece together more n more. i thin kits the best game ever dude. i love the mgs series...im also into final fantasy, VIII being my favorite

6. -=(-_-)=-

-=(-_-)=- Guest

dude i can't play metel gear i couldn't stand the demo i mean it has great graphics n all but i could not play it

7. hd517

hd517 Member

was a kittke too hard for you? cuz at 1st, it was for me, but if you like the other ones, youll love this one

8. -=(-_-)=-

-=(-_-)=- Guest

naw it aint that its just im into first person shooters n stuff n i thought it was i wasn't used to the controls i'm can't use them at all.

9. juggalo

juggalo Member

GTA San Andreas rules! The possibilities are immense. Even better than Vice City, my previous favorite game.

[​IMG]

10. Maryela3

Maryela3 Guest

My favorite in that list is Gta San Andreas best and one of the funniest game ever.

And all time favorites are all the Final Fantsay series but 4, 6 7 9 and 10 are the best i also adore Yoshi Island for Snes and GBA thats the best game ever
    maria =)

11. teggy

teggy Regular member

Metal Gear solid is awesome... Awesome I tells ya.

I mean Sons of Liberty was oozing with class, I mean how many people have spanked an enemy in a video game.

But the Pro Evolution / ISS series's are my favourite of all time. That or the Megaman X series.

12. Xian

Xian Regular member

I would have to say none of the above for me. I am not much into first person shooters, 10 years ago I was but it is just the same old unchanged formula - enter room, kill everything, find key/door/card, go to next room and repeat and that bores me fast.

World of Warcraft would get my vote for the Game of the Year this year. Nothing has drawn me in so much in a long time. If I had to pick one of the 5 listed it would be Burnout. It's a decent racing game but not really the best game of the year.

All time favorite would be hard to say but I would have to give my vote to Ultima IV on the Atari 800 or Atari ST. It kept track of the number of moves and by the time I had finished it I had a little over 500,000 moves. Diablo 2 or System Shock would be high on my list too.

13. -=(-_-)=-

-=(-_-)=- Guest

ya see i understand that that shooters are pretty simplistic but you see that games like halo (1 and 2) both have amazing multiplayer components. and then theres helf-life 2 every thing that can move or be altered in some way shape or form can. that makes the game-play more fun.

But ya I'd say that the games on the list aren't realy my favorites theres definately other games that are older or less known that are frikin awsome.

14. Pontius

Pontius Regular member

My fav game ever is final fantasy 7.The graphics at the time were awesome.They still arent that bad now.The storyline is the best thing about the game and it takes 70+ hours to complete fully.What more do you want in a game.
    Does anyone agree?

15. tdao

tdao Guest

METAL GEAR SOLID 3!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DUDE THE WORST PART IS WALKING THROUGH THAT DAMN RIVER!@#!@#@!# so i say put everyone to sleep, or knock them out! plus u get allllll the camos from the bosses x)

16. NeoLance

NeoLance Regular member

Dude i cant believe there are no Halo 2's in there! That game is awesome and it is definitely my favorite game. I wish they would get it for Nintendo DS! That would be tight! Well i respect your guys opinions too, i havent played those other games but i dont like grand theft auto much, it doesnt teach you anything and puts dirty crap in your head. I dont see much fun in killing people and getting money for getting prostitutes in cars and stuff, its just not me.

17. squizzle

squizzle Active member

San Andreas all the way baby!!!

Halo 2 was very disappointing, considering they dragged the release date forever and it got way too much hype. I thought it would be worth it, but you might as well play Halo 1 again. But that's just my opinion, I like PS2 better anyway.

18. NeoLance

NeoLance Regular member

I actually agree with that, Halo 2 was actually easier and shorter to beat than Halo 1 was and that was wrong. The only thing better was new weapons and stuff like that and being and alien. They should have made it longer. Do u think they will be coming out with a Halo 3???

Last edited: Jan 17, 2005
  19. squizzle

squizzle Active member

I hope not. what a waste of time. If they do it'll probably be with the next GTA, just like halo 2 was.

20. -=(-_-)=-

-=(-_-)=- Guest

Dude Mercenares IS AWSOME ITS LIKE BURN OUT MIXED WITH GTA!!!!