1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

when booting backup with "anaconda04 exploit", disc just spins..

Discussion in 'Nintendo Gamecube - General discussion' started by Quezacotl, Feb 28, 2005.

1. Quezacotl

Quezacotl Regular member

I just got a DVD-drive and burned Metroid Prime(USA) properly to TDK DVD-R 4.7GB, i used latest WipedGCMfixer, then burned the game with Nero(2x speed and "finalize DVD") it went ok, no errors.
    Then i booted GCOS(i have tried all anaconda04 mods), then i successfully swapped PSO with backup, and then it just spins, and the laser dont move, and nothing happens.
    Then i tweaked laser, resistance was 194ohm and i changed it to 157ohm. Not any change, same thing.

So, before i'm going to add power to my laser more and burn it, i ask, whick of those things is wrong?

And, if it is that laser, do i have to increase or decrease that variable resistor's resistance to it to read TDK?

and by the way, i have PAL cube if that helps..

Last edited: Feb 28, 2005
  2. shawn1122

shawn1122 Member

Yes, I had the same problem when i first used Anaconda. But after i switched to RiData 8x DVD-R 4.7 GB media, games worked perfectly for me...without a tweak.

3. Laxington

Laxington Member

hi guys, i thought there is no way to burn GC games? all you can do is, just hook up to a pc and stream the games with phantasy star online. so is there something new or am i just a stupid idiot ;-)

greetinx from me to all out there

4. Quezacotl

Quezacotl Regular member

If you could read those previous topics, you would know that playing from DVD has been possible, about 2-4 months that i remember.

but to my problem.. i got mariokart dd to work just and just and DRE came just before in the beginning video when "cameraman" goes down. and that was Ohms about 247.
    then i changed 1 ohm bigger, and it did'nt work, and i did'nt got it work anymore with around 250ohms
    then i tried near original what was 194ohms, i putted it about 203. same thing happened when it was 247, but DRE came earlier.

Are you anyone got this with TDK that it needs exact power of laser to work?

5. molton

molton Member

You probably just need different media unfortunately, I went through all the possible values of my gamecubes drive to get my verbatim mini dvd's to work, but they never did, then I switched to Memorex 8x +R DVDs and I could run games at any of the potentiometer settings I tested. How did you drop the resistance by one ohm, blow on it? :)

Last edited: Mar 2, 2005
  6. Quezacotl

Quezacotl Regular member

yes, it's very sensitive, and at a tiny move it moves tens of ohms=) but i jerkily(is that right word=)) got it tweaked one ohm.

now i'm modifying it, that it can be tweaked that i dont need to remove that whole part where laser is anymore.
    and there is good that it can be tweaked even the gc is on. but does it do any harm if it's tweaked on the fly?

7. Quezacotl

Quezacotl Regular member

I just tested with multimeter the Ohms on the fly, and when it was 200, and when multimeter touched it, resistance popped to 50ohms=) So dont ever try to check the resistance on fly when it's set to 100 or less ohms=)

8. Quezacotl

Quezacotl Regular member

Now i have tried many many resistances with TDK, and it boots only at 245-247 and 197-204ohms, it dont work, disk always stops spinning before intro and comes DRE.

So i just have to buy those Riteks, they cost ~20€ a 25pack, and they arent even G04, they're G05, what is difference between them? how is G05 working with Gamecube?